To The Reader

- Author's Note -

YOU.

Yes YOU.

        Before you scroll down to the rest of this here introduction, I just wanted to let you know you're sexy af 😏 in case no one told you today.

        Now that I got that out of the way, you're probablyyyy here from the Wattpad Feature's List 😌 I know, I know. Heavy on the stalker vibes. BUT, I just wanted to give you your very own formal welcome to the party. For you specifically though, like you reading this right now - I literally came back to do this for your sexy ass.❤

        Anyways, stop distracting me looking all cute. I just wanted to let you know that this story is being published (not traditionally 🙃) as an ebook next month - September 17th to be exact - and since you're so special to me, I really REALLY wanted you to be the first to know. I mean it's blatant pretty privilege 🙄 but whatever. Stay tuned for more information on that and I'll give you every drop of the tea, love.

        One last thing before you go, considering that this is our first time meeting - even though I've been DYING for you to come here - I'd love to get to know you a little better. So leave a comment right here and tell me about yourself like where you're from. I'll fly you out. 🥵

No seriously......

I'll do it.

And just so you know, now that you're here, you're stuck till the end because what are we?! Say it with me...

4LIFERSSSSSSS

See you in the epilogue Bestie 🤪👋🏾

------------

[Back to regularly scheduled programming]

        Warmest welcome to you for clicking on this story. I'm not sure why you did it, but you're stuck here now so you might as well get comfortable. Listen to some music or something, have a cookie, twerk on a table.

        Okay so this is my first ever story on Wattpad ( YAY AF ) even though I've been an active reader for years. I'm not even sure what took me so long to decide to write something. Probably my crippling procrastination and fear of committing to finishing an entire story, if I'm being honest.

        Anywhoooo, despite the tedious hours I spend editing, rereading, and driving myself insane with stress, this story is still probably racked with plot holes and grammar mistakes. ( if you notice anything, be a dear and point it out )

        Moving right along, my only goal for this story is to give a voice to the voiceless. It is dedicated to every person out there who has ever felt insignificant or like they didn't matter. I'm here to tell you that you do, I love you oodles and oodles. Hit me up, let's chat about music and puppies.

        If you've ever felt alone or like you have no future, rest assured that that is a lie. As long as you're alive there's a chance for things to get better and there are people like me out there who are willing and wanting to be there for you.

        As this story unfolds, you guys will get a better understanding of Keila and why her story is so important. Why what happened to her after the loss of her father is so significant outside of the obvious reasons.

        I don't know if this story will ever go anywhere or even reach just a million reads, but if I can reach one person and help them see things from a fresh pair of eyes then this story accomplished everything and then some. All I want is for people to go into this with an open and receptive mind. Be patient with the characters and know that everybody ( no matter how happy and "okay" they seem ) is going through something. Don't judge appearances.

        We all have our own ways to cope, some more destructive than others. Learn to be empathetic and understanding of other peoples faults like you'd want them to be with yours.

        On another note, the actions, thoughts, and beliefs of the characters are their own and are in no way reflective of my own views so keep that in mind if you at any point feel offended by what you read. They are fictional people, entirely.

        Also, shout out to all my minorities cause I'm trying to love up on y'all in this story. Your brown skin is magnificent. Your language is poetic. Your culture is rich. Your accent is thick. Plus that booty getting fat. I love you my dears. And if you're offended by this shout out feel free to leave. The shining light of another does not dim your own, learn to share the stage sometimes. You're awesome too it's just not your turn to be applauded.

        But that is all, mi gente. Thank you for giving my story a chance, I love you to Reese's Pieces. *Gives every reader five dollars and a hug*

P.S. if you're into spoken word poetry at all, head over to my IG @casiscott. I may or may not have a few pieces uploaded :)

#JesusLovesYouBoo