Bonus Chapters Announcements

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

• • •

That song basically sums up how I'm feeling right now. The biggest mood after finishing this story that I wanted to give up on so many times 😭🙌🏽

It's taken me a few days to get around to writing this because I honestly haven't known what to say. Three years ago as an assignment for a Creative Writing workshop, I was instructed to write five pages of fiction, and this story was born. I didn't know I would fall in love with the story and the concept or that it would turn into a 130k+ word novel.

You guys support over the years has been truly amazing and it was one of my biggest motivations to finish. I couldn't let down the people who believed in me and this story and deemed it worthy of a read. I love you 3000 and then 3000 more! 🤍 I hope this book continues to grow and flourish in the space I've carved for it, and that it reaches everyone willing to listen.

This story and these characters are so special to me. When I set out to write this book, I had one goal in mind: to expose the reader to another perspective. I wanted to highlight the longterm effects of police brutality that go beyond public view. Lives and families are forever changed and their grief doesn't stop with the emergence of another hashtag. Their pain, their grief, and their trauma is real and lasting.

I hope that message came across for all of you. I'm going to miss these characters so much like I'm having withdrawal already. I literally don't know what to do with myself. With that said, I need you guys to help me with something. I want to write a few bonus chapters and I have some ideas in mind, but I don't know which one's to go with. Pick one for epilogue and two for bonus.

• Sheila & James Wedding
• Keila's Graduation

• Five Years Into The Future
• Random Day With Vino
• An outing with Sheila
• New Years Eve
• OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS

I also had the idea to do a short spin-off for Keila and Honovi that will be strictly for Wattpad. The goal for this story is to have it traditionally published - the spin-off would just be for my own satisfaction because I'm not ready to say goodbye yet 🤣. I already know I don't have to ask if you guys would be interested in that so I'll start thinking now of what direction I want to take their story in. It'll only be about 10-15 chapters and they may not be as long, but it'll be the closure I need lmao. And don't worry, Xo, Donovan, Miss Doll, and everyone else you love will be there!

Plus, I already miss reading you guys comments and working on updates for y'all and I've felt so empty without having this story to work on 😭 I officially have a problem.

In other news, I already have the concept for my next story and I cannot waitttt to get started on it. I'll upload a sneak peek of it this week and I hope y'all will check that one out, too. It's from a male perspective this time 😏 and I'm so excited to dive into someone else's head and tell their story.

P.S. I did a few rewrites on the story so some scenes are different, some chapters are shorter, and some character dynamics have been tweaked. Feel free to read through and see if you can spot the difference 👀

As always, love always ♥️