You Did This

⚠️warning!⚠️ This chapter can be triggering for some. Contains thoughts about calories and stuff.
Be careful, reader. Stay safe.
And never forget. YOU ARE FUCKING GORGEOUS ❤️

I bloody hate Monday's.

I'm slowly making my way down the stairs, due to my rib still aching just a tiny bit.
I'm almost on the last step when I hand reaches out towards me. I look up to see the person who the hand belongs to and am surprised to see that it's Theodore.

What's he doing so early in the morning? Here?

I snap out of my thoughts and find him patiently standing there, looking at me with his hand outstretched. I don't take it, just keep staring at it like it's an out-of-this-world creature.

I hear him sigh and a few seconds later he speaks up, "I'm dropping you to school today."

At that, my eyes widen but only slightly and I look at him with all the confidence that I can muster, "I walk to school, actually."

He finally gets the hint and puts his hand down and replies, "I know you do, but you're not walking today." I glare at him as he finishes his sentence and he glares right back at me; only, his glare is a stern one.

I go to walk past him when he swiftly moves to stand in front of the door, and in my way. I try to dodge him so I can make my way toward the door but apparently he can read minds because he blocked the door from that direction as well. I rolled my eyes at his stubborn behavior and just looked at him, not moving.
He sighs and scratches his neck, "look, your ribs are probably still aching and I don't want you to hurt by walking. So, let me just drive you to school," He pleads. "Please?"

I sigh and look down, thinking of the pros and cons and eventually I nod my head, "okay."

His face relaxed immensely and he smiles at me, "great." And then he walks away.

Toward the kitchen.

I frown and look at the door confusingly.

Where'd he go? To get his keys, maybe?

I breathe out a loud sigh and walk toward the kitchen, to find him happily applying peanut butter on a slice of bread. I stand there and stare at his face, waiting for him to acknowledge my presence. When he does, he looks so adorably confused. He slowly puts the peanut buttered slice and the jelly slice together, and puts it on the plate. He then, looks at me. Confused with why and what I'm doing.

"What're you doing?" I ask him, tired of all this looking and whatever the hell it is he's doing.
"Making breakfast," he smiles at me and slides the plate towards me, across the kitchen counter.

I look at him, then back at the sandwich, then at him, then back at the sandwich.

I do love peanut butter and jelly.

I think to myself as I stare at the plate.

But it has calories. And calories will make you gain even more than you already have.

"What? You thought I would take you to school without having breakfast?" He scoffs as he grabs another slice of bread for himself.
I don't say anything, just stand there and look at him as he applies peanut butter on the bread.
When he notices that, he smiles at me once more, "Don't keep your sandwich waiting. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"

I fold my arms across my chest, "Are you driving me to school right this second or can I go by myself?"
He sighs and puts the butter knife down, "look, just eat the sandwich and i promise I'll take you to school immediately."

I stare at him for a few seconds, thinking whether I should eat the sandwich or not. I mean, I can handle a few calories once in a while. With that thought, I drag the plate a little closer and pick up the sandwich.

As I'm chewing and scrolling through Instagram on my phone, I see Theodore smile at me from the corner of my eye.

•••

"Have a good day," Theodore tells me as I'm getting out of the car. I nod my head but don't say anything because well, I can't have a good day.
"Bye," I mumble out before I slam the car door shut.

As his car drives away, I turn toward the enormous, black school gate. I hike my bag higher on my shoulder, gripping the strap tight in my hand.
Fear kept clawing from the inside. I didn't want to go inside, past the gate. The horrible black gate somehow seemed bigger than it actually was and the color was darkening.

I kept staring at the gate, through the metal bars and I suddenly saw myself. She was standing there and calling out to me. I strained my ears to listen but I could hear nothing. I blinked once and gasped when I saw many versions of myself.
I saw one of me sitting on the floor, hands wrapped around knees and rocking back and forth as my head stayed tucked between my legs.
Then, I saw myself limping toward the gate from the other side. She- I stopped and put her hand between the metal rods, to reach out to me and the fingers moved in a way which meant, "come closer."
I stepped forward slowly, until her hand could cup my face easily. But the hand didn't move in such manner. The finger moved again, signaling me to come closer and I did.
When my face almost touched the metal of the gate, the other me leaned closer and whispered in a broken voice,

"Help me, I'm dying."

I said nothing, just looking. The hand then grabbed the collar of my shirt and screamed in my face,

"YOU DID THIS!!!"

I gasped and hastily moved to step back, but forgot to watch out for the rock and fell on my back. I looked at the gate, expecting to see versions of myself but gasped when I saw nothing.

"HEY!" I saw a teacher making his way toward the gate. He opens it and walks over to me, "Detention. Now get to class."

I quickly scramble onto my feet and when I'm walking behind him with my head down, him mumble under his breath,

"Teens these days, what's next? WiFi in cars?"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I don't like the Hawaiian flavor.
And I don't like the Seafood.
I think I'll stick to pepperoni and chicken.
Thanks for reading,
Teddy 🐾