Chapter 23

Maisie

After the shower, I dressed in a vintage style blue sundress. Since it was a warm day, I pulled up my hairs into a messy bun. After dressing up, I went downstairs to help Amy with the breakfast. I reached the kitchen and helped her. When we  finished with the breakfast, Lucifer came down, all dressed up for office. He was looking hot as hell. Amy greeted him and served our plates. When we were just about to start our breakfast, the landline ringed from living room.
'Strange. It was the first time someone called on landline'.
I was about to get up, when Amy stopped me. "Eat your breakfast darling. I'll have that call".
She went towards it and received it.
We were eating in silence when suddenly Amy called Lucifer to the living room. We both were confused, not because Amy called him, but because she was sounding nervous.
"Eat your breakfast. I'll return soon" Lucifer said and went outside of the dining hall.
Since I was a curious cat, I got up as well. I tiptoed to the living room and peek into the room. There was Lucifer, with his back towards me/door, holding the phone to his ear, looking tense and Amy was by his side, looking angry as well as nervous.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, to command me?" Lucifer yelled. I flinched at his voice but continued to peep.
"....." Person on the other side replied.
"No. You are not. It is my house, don't forget that" Lucifer hissed angrily.
"......."
"Shut the fuck up. You are not coming and that's final"
"...."
"Fuck you" and with this, he hung up.
He took a deep breath to calm himself and pinched his nosebridge. He was still facing his back towards me but I know, he might be looking murderous now.
"Didn't I told you to have your breakfast wife" he said - 'still with his back facing me'.
My eyes widened up as I got caught. Amy just smiled at me and comes towards me. "You are indeed a curious lady, aren't you darling" she said with a small laugh and went away. I was froze in my place, unable to move.
"Come here" Lucifer demanded.
I didn't move. "Wife" he warned while turning around to face me "Come here".
I looked down and start to made my way towards him. When I was few inches away from him, I stopped and looked up at him. Suddenly, he pulled me towards him and held me into a bone crushing hug. I was stunned. He inhaled my scent to calm himself. After few minutes, he released me from the hug, still holding me close.
"Eric and Sofia are coming for lunch. They invited themselves. Those fucktards" he sighed angrily.
Then I realized why he was so angry. He never liked his parents.
To lighten his mood, I smiled at him and said "Its okay. We'll handle them".
He looked at me with a amused expression and kissed me.
After releasing me, he took out his phone and called someone.
"Sebastian" Lucifer acknowledge the other person.
"...."
"Salvatore's are coming for lunch. So I'm not coming to office. You come here in 30 mins and we'll continue our work from here" he firmly ordered, without giving any choice.
"....."
"You know I will never invite those fucktards. They invited themselves. Now stop your nonsense and reach my house asap". He hung up his phone and turned to me.
"Sebastian is also joining us for lunch. For now, let's continue our breakfast" Lucifer gently grabbed my wrist and made his way towards dining area. We ate our breakfast in silence. When breakfast was over, he went to his study, after informing me. I went to the kitchen, to see all maids busy in preparation for today's lunch.
"Do you need anything, mam?" One of the maids asked me. I think she is new because, now, almost everyone calls me by my name.
"Please don't call me mam. Call me Maisie and I don't need anything. I just wanted to help to help in making lunch. After all my in-laws are coming" I smiled at her.
"Ohh darling. Don't be so sweet towards those morons. They deserve to get poisoned by their food" Amy grunted angrily. I gasped at her in shock.
'Never thought Amy would be this violent'
I looked down at the ground in shock.
"Don't get me wrong sweetheart. But those idiots doesn't deserve any type kindness or love" she justified.
I nodded my head and weakly smiled at her. "Still let me help please. Besides, Sebastian and Lucifer will be here for lunch today. Can I cook for them?" I asked nervously.
Amy smiled and nods her head.
I went near the maids and helped them. Few minutes later, Amy informed me of Sebastian's arrival. I went to greet him and then I sent him upstairs to the study.
Almost at 12:05, the door Bell rang. One of the maids opened the door. Mr and Mrs Salvatore came inside looking as elegant as ever. I found myself feeling conscious and underdressed. But still I welcomed them with a cheerful smile.
"Welcome to our house, Mr and Mrs Salvatore. I hope your ride was fine" I said with a smile.
Mrs Salvatore was smiling her too sweet smile, while Mr Salvatore seemed uninterested. Suddenly Lucifer and Sebastian came down with faces showing their hatred.
'I just hope lunch will go smoothly'