Chapter 32

Maisie

I got dressed into a black vintage style dress. I really love this kind of sundresses, so Lucifer had brought many. I went downstairs, where I saw Lucifer already sitting on the dining table.
I greeted him and Amy, before starting my own breakfast.

"Are you not going to office today?" I asked him, since he was dressed casually.
"No. We are working from home today".
"We? As in, Sebastian and you?"
"Yes. He is alrea-"

Just then, a loud voice came towards dining hall, "Is my best friend is missing me?". Sebastian said mischievously, wiggling his eyebrows.

Lucifer leaned back on his chair, looking absolutely bored. I tried hard not to laugh. Sebastian took a seat on the left side of Lucifer and served himself a plateful of pancakes. He started stuffing his food, nearly choking himself.

"Slow down, you fucking moron. There are plenty of food" Lucifer snapped at him.
Sebastian only smiled sheepishly.
I giggled at their behavior.

After our breakfast was done, Sebastian went upstairs after informing me. Lucifer was about to leave when I grip his sleeve and stopped him. He looked back at me and raised a eyebrow.

"Can I invite Bella for lunch today? I want to spend time with her" I nervously said.
Lucifer smile, charmingly and said "Of course. Call her". With that he kissed my forehead. I beamed with happiness and thanked him with a kiss in his cheek. He chuckled and went upstairs.

I went to my room and called Bella.
"Hey. Good morning" I greeted her.
"Hi may. Good morning to you too"
"So, are you free today?"
"Hmmm...let me think. I haven't opened my shop officially, so no work. Other than that....I don't have anything interesting to do. So yes I'm free. But why?"
"I wanted to invite you to lunch today. At my house. Besides, you still have to meet my husband, right? So are you coming?"
"Ohh hell yes, girl. I'll be there in an hour. And don't make dessert, I'll bring one"
"But Bella, you don't have to"
"Shh. Shut it. I'm coming"
"Great then. See you soon"
"Okay, bye". With that she hung up.

Well, I really do miss her but the real reason to invite her is Sebastian. I don't know but I think Sebastian like her or something?

'Hell. I also think she is THE Bella, Sebastian was talking about'

Signing, I went downstairs to kitchen. I told Amy about our another guest. She was happy until I told her that I'm cooking.

"But why darling? Don't you like my food? Did the maids said something". Any glared at the maids, who only shook their head fearfully.

"No no no. Amy" I hurriedly said, "They didn't said anything. And I don't dislike your food. In fact, your food is the best I've ever tasted. But Amy, I really want to cook. It's been days. Besides, I'm bored of not doing anything". I explained myself.

Amy sighed heavily and nodded with a smile. "But you will not do everything alone. Maids are here. I'm here. You tell us what to do, we will do it. Deal?"

I smiled brightly and said, "Deal".
With that, se started preparing our lunch. The staff was amazing. They made me laugh and they helped me.

Just as I finished cooking, one maid came and told me my guest has arrived. I went to the living room and welcomed Bella with s hug.

"I missed you girl" she said while hugging me tightly.
"I missed you too"
"Here is your dessert" she handed me a box. I took it and made my way to the kitchen after asking her to follow me.
"What is it?" I asked curiously.
"Go ahead. Check it"
I placed the box on the kitchen counter and opened it. It made me squeal in happiness. It was my favorite cheesecake.
I hugged her and thanked her. She laughed and said, "Bazinga. That is the exact reaction I was expecting".

Since we had I little time until lunch, we decided to talk. We took our seats in the living room and starts talking.

"So when is your husband coming home from work? He knows I'm here right?" Bella asked.
"Oh yes, of course he knows. Plus, he is working from home today. With his best friend".
Bella looked shocked for a moment but she covered it with a fake cough. She cleared her throat and asked,
"What about your other best friends?? Anna and Ethan? Are you in touch with them?"
"Yes, I am. In fact, I talked with them last week. Actually, they are quite busy. Anna is out of country, studying interior designing and Ethan went for law"
"That's amazing. I'm happy for them. Anna is such a sweetheart and Ethan? Well I love him".

"Love who?", I jumped at the sudden question. We looked towards the voice and saw Sebastian standing there, with a deep frown and unknown anger in his eyes. He was glaring at Bella, who looked as shocked as me.

I cleared my throat to gain his attention. "Sebastian. You remember Bella right? She is joining us for lunch today". Suddenly, Sebastian looked amused and smirked, "Oh really? We have a guest here?".

I looked at Bella, who was literally throwing daggers at Sebastian.
"Bella? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. She jumped at my sudden question and smiled at me.
"Yeah. I'm fine. Well, where is your husband? I'm excited to meet him".
I was about to say something, when I felt someone entering the room. I knew who was it.

"Lucifer, this is Bella, my best friend and Bella, this is Lucifer. My husband". After I introduced them, they shook hands.

I smiled brightly and said, "So, let's start the lunch".