7.

**Cover made by : Helloitsme1984_xxx

Candles of various shapes and sizes illuminated the entire venue, their twinkling lights suspended from the ceiling. Silk drapes concealed everyday items, and the tables sparkled with sequins and glitter. Feathers and beads adorned the glasses, and the color scheme of the ball revolved around gold and red.

The atmosphere exuded an air of mystery and secrecy.

The people surrounding me were adorned in exquisite designer gowns, suits, and elaborate masks. It was exactly what I expected at the billionaire boys club.

Only the privileged elites who were members of this exclusive club were granted access to parties like these.

And everyone sought to outshine one another.

"There you are!" a high-pitched voice exclaimed behind me, causing my heart to skip a beat. I turned around to find my brother standing next to a stunning blonde beauty, her face concealed behind a black and gold glitter mask.

"Yasmin!" I greeted the blonde before me. She planted kisses on both my cheeks and clasped her hands together, giving me an assessing look.

"You look absolutely stunning!" she squealed, glancing at my brother for confirmation, but he merely shook his head. "Have you met Zane yet?" she inquired when my brother neglected to offer any compliments. Little did she know that Milan and Dad had argued about my dress earlier.

"No, not yet," I replied, scanning the room with my eyes. "Is he...is he already here?"

"Yes!" Yasmin exclaimed excitedly. "We've already had the pleasure of meeting him, right babe?" Milan nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, we ran into him in the elevator."

"Oh... well, um, enjoy your evening. I'll go look for Angelica," I quickly said to the pair in front of me, eager to distance myself from them. Being around them would only increase the chances of encountering Zane, and I was actively trying to avoid him like the plague.

Instead of actually searching for Angelica, whom I was absolutely certain was engaged in a rendezvous with Alex in the bathroom, I headed towards the bar to order a drink. I hopped onto a barstool, and the attractive bartender promptly made his way over to me.

"What can I get you, beautiful lady?" he asked, pouring vodka into a glass for the person sitting a few stools away from me.

"A margarita, please," I replied, smiling.

"And a martini for me."

My gaze immediately shifted to the person next to me, and I couldn't help but stare at him in astonishment. Clad in an expensive Givenchy suit and wearing a simple black mask, the stranger next to me shamelessly scanned me from head to toe.

He extended his hand towards me, a smirk dancing on his lips, as he introduced himself. "Ivan Preston, and you are?"

I nearly toppled off the stool when he mentioned his name. If it weren't for Ivan swiftly catching me, I would have landed on the floor.

"Hey, take it easy there," he chuckled, releasing his hold on my waist. "I know I'm irresistible, but I didn't expect you to fall for me so quickly."