Ch. 4

Danny pov

Something doesn't feel right . Every where I turn a corner, I felt like I was being watched. Apparently there is someone keeping an eye on me for one reason. The great annoying Batman a.k.a Bruce Wayne checking in. I am not his biggest fan at the moment for various reasons. Reasons that are not for any ones ears but my own. He is digging his own grave by trying to even associate with me.

This is completely idiotic, even for him. Why does he have to be so interested in me? Why is his attention solely on me? Ugh, this is too annoying especially for when I need to focus on something else. That something else has nothing to do with the bat right now. My focus is on The Joker because of the night of his attempt of a bank robbery.

Joker is probably trying to catch me again to turn me into one of his "minions" or something because someone else other than Batman has been keeping an eye on me. I need to keep out of this stupid spotlight, but nevertheless it keeps settling on me.

I need to find a job instead of living off of pick pocketing. it really doesn't go anywhere, and can't afford to go to jail for any amount of time they deem me to have there. So I decide to leave my little home to look for a simple job that has to do with an animal shelter. Cats and Dogs don't really do anything that has to do with ghosts, or in my case half-ghosts. Those jobs are perfect for me.

As I'm walking looking for a job, I accidentally walk into somebody. I look up to see one of Batman's sidekicks, Night Wing. I look up at the sky to see that it was dusk. Great, this is exactly what I need, note the damn sarcasm. He looks at me and blinks. It clicks into my mind to how much I look like Bruce Wayne, and he could be thinking about how much alike we look and thinking that I could be his biological son. Like that would ever happen.

"Hey, would you mind coming with me? You see, I have a bat hell bent on trying to get you. Could you come with me please?" He has this hopeful look on his face. Does he actually think that I would willingly go with him? Well I might, never mind yes I'll go with him. I just hope this gets the bat off my back.

"Sure, I'll go with you. I'll go as long as it keeps that annoying bat off my back." I gesture for him to lead the way, and he does so with relief showing on his face. I'm gonna bet that Batman told him how difficult I was to catch.

"Thank God you agreed. Batman was so cryptic when talking about you." I stand corrected. In this case the bat basically said nothing about me.

~Time Skip~

Right now we are in the Bat cave that is directly under the Wayne mansion. Has no one really bothered to ask why that is? What about all those expensive toys that Batman has? People are too dense these days, even more so than they were back at home. I still have many secrets I didn't tell anyone even Sam and Tucker.

I was lost in thought when a certain dark figure entered the room. Does he really think I can't see him. I know I'm right about that because he is just sitting in a corner while Night Wing, a.k.a Richard (Dick) Grayson, is talking trying to keep me occupied until his father comes in. Bruce Wayne adopted him into his family not just as an alibi that is apart of the bat family.

So I decide to cut into the rambling. "Okay dude you can't stop talking because the bat is already here and you can come out now." I look right at him when I got done saying my piece.

"How did you know I was here?" I just look at him with an are-you-dumb look because of hos dense he is. Did he not see me look straight at him?

"Wayne I saw you enter the room and huddle in the corner. You have got to be too old for that." His eyes of what I could see of them widened at what I just said. Who can blame him? He now knows that I know who he really is and that I could see him. This is actually kind of fun when it involves messing with his head.

Batman pov

How does this kid know who I really am? I will get to the bottom of it, but I want to get to the matter of adopting him as my son. I remove my mask and smirk at the kid. He looks almost like an exact copy of me it's astonishing.

"I want to adopt you." The kids eyes widen and looks like he is about to have a heart attack. That is when he faints and falls over.

__________________________________________________

Sorry it's been a while since I updated. I finally got some free time form school. A warning about the next chapter though. The next chapter is a flashback telling about Danny's secret. Enjoy

BlueAsh1