Waldniel Hoster School

The Waldniel Hoster school stands empty in Schwalmtal, plagued by tales of mass murder. Children's screams have been heard rattling around the former site where mentally disabled young people were killed by the Nazis. 

In 1913, the huge complex consisting of a church, a school was and several administrative buildings, built by the Franciscan Order. The object of the Franciscan brothers was to be around the 600 residents to take care of the plant, where it is severely disabled and those with learning difficulties men acted. The coming to power of the Nazis in Germany, all then tried institutions of the Catholic Church influence. This happened from 1935 to 1937 by an avalanche of lawsuits. The Franciscan Order was sued for breach of exchange high to pay fines. Several monks were in the "Koblenz sentenced processes "because of sex crimes. For the state was reason enough not to stay wards in finance Waldniel-Hostert. 

The Order finally had bankruptcy login and so left the last monks on 23 May 1937, the house

The Order finally had bankruptcy login and so left the last monks on 23 May 1937, the house.The site has now been "Children technical institution Waldniel" used as a healing and nursing home. The "Guardian Angel House" of the Franciscans was now for the "child euthanasia"used - the murder of mentally handicapped children to race cleanup. 1939 reporting requirement for all newborns who were disabled was introduced. These and older children were from 1940 by the Nazis in specially established for this purpose killing centers, the so-calledchildren's wards (KFA) was added. There were about 30 of these institutions in the entire Nazi dominion. In Waldniel-Hostert for this purpose, the former "Guardian Angel House" wasthe Franciscan brothers to such a facility with 200 beds rebuilt. Patients were here first "begutachtetet" to be subsequently gassed with carbon monoxide.

The killing of certain minors were each 3-5 Luminal tablets

The killing of certain minors were each 3-5 Luminal tablets. As a result, they fell asleep first. Immediately after waking up but once they got a dose of Luminal. This was repeated until they were finally unconscious, shortness of breath got started gasping and then miserably with mucus discharge from the mouth and nose died. So an ordeal could be depending on the constitution of the child take up to 8 days. In early July 1943, the KFA Waldniel-Hostert was disbanded because of the war. The 183 children who had survived until they were, in otherbrought "departments". Overall, died during the KFA 97 children Waldniel-Hostert. In the death certificates was at wasting, pneumonia, on cardiovascular weakness and the like.After the 2nd World War, then got the Franciscan brothers back the terrain. Financially, it was no longer acceptable and therefore they sold it to the federal government, which in turn for 37 years on the British leased. From the plant was now the "British Military Hospital Hostert "consisting of a polyclinic with two operating rooms, delivery rooms, and Surgery, interior, pediatric and psychiatric departments. As of 10/09/1963, the system was then used as a British school. It was rebuilt, two gymnasiums, an auditorium, and a canteen were added. In the Kent School in 1400 young people were taught. 270 of them were in there live Internat. It is repeatedly reported that it on the site and in the empty corridors of the building is haunted standing. You can often child cries and hear loud weeping.