Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I don't own PJO (Rick Riordan)

And I don't own "Mona Lisa" by Panic! At The Disco. It's a good song.

When I woke up, it was on a sturdy branch that looked a bit worn. I had just opened my eyes and got my self a faceful of sunlight. "Stupid fiery ball of gas, glowing in my eyes. No-one needs that much SUNLIGHT!" I singsonged.

The room grew dimmer. Thank G- I mean the gods. The door opened to reveal Annabeth, who's ears were bleeding through a white bandage. I gasped. She grabbed a sheet of paper, and wrote: "I have a theory, but to prove it, I need you to sing. But not about something sad or angry or negative. How about the sun being normal again?"

"I did sing about the sun being too bright just now..."

"So," She scrawled, " a song about healing and the sun going back to normal?"

"Ahem," I coughed and blushed. She was going to hear the weirdest lyrics if she didn't know who Panic! at the Disco. Well, she wouldn't hear them. But still. " Whoa-o-o-o-o Mona Lisa,
You're guaranteed to run this town, whoa-o-o-o-o Mona Lisa, I'd pay to see you frown! Say what you mean, tell me a rhyme, and let the SUN RAIN DOWN ON ME..." I trailed off flabbergasted when the day brightened.

And a song for healing... "I don't know any." I wrote, and gave her the pen.

"Sing.." she scratched the paper with the pen. "With the intent of healing."

I nodded. "Ma'anche per te ce Una luce,
Ke; ad un altra vita ti contuce..."

Annabeth clapped astounded, and asked me to say anything. "Are you okay?"

"Better than ever, I can hear everything. Thank you."

I whooped for joy, and saw Annabeth wince. A sudden painful reality came crashing into my brain

"That was... my fault!" I whispered, panicking. Annabeth nodded solemnly. Clarisse, who has been in the corner the entire time, sharpening her sword, looked to us. "I fixed you, but what if, I can't help but hurt someone! And I can't fix them! Can you promise me? To never  tell anyone I have the ability to even speak?" I looked between the two, my heart pounding.

The said in unison: "We swear, on the River Styx, that we will not tell your secret unless you tell us explicitly to do so."

The thunder rolled.

"I swear on the River Styx, to never intentionally speak or sing in front of a living person." Accidents happen. I know that. And mine are disastrous.

The Thunder rolled again.