CHAPTER ELEVEN

BEYONCÉ GISELLE KNOWLES
1 year later..

I woke up in Hawaii feeling my lovely girlfriend next to me, sleeping carelessly, her mouth slightly opened, light snores coming out if it. I smiled as I took notice of her naked body, reminding myself about how I worked it last night. My smile deepened once I realized that today was our one year anniversary.

I never ever thought that I could end up like this, my life took a complete turn. If you told me a year ago that I the person I would love and cherish was a woman, and specially Onika, I would have probably smacked you for not respecting my husband and me.

Talking about Shawn, we've chosen the coparenting way, and were doing very well until now. He has been very understanding and very supportive for me, especially when I had to come out in front of the whole world.

Yes, I came out about six months ago. I was totally terrified, because I wasn't really good at exposing my life to others, but I figured a way out with the help of Jay and Nicki.

I made a song with Nicki, called Feeling myself, in which you could clearly see the love we had for each other. My fans took it on the friendship way, so I had to clear things up in an interview I accepted to give to Ellen.

I thought that, in that way my career was going to be over, but I was willing to take the risk for my baby. Not that I didn't care about my career, but I could always sing, and with the money I gained, take care of my babies. It didn't matter to me.

But I was extremely surprised to see that everyone accepted my situation, that people were happy for me and for my choices. I had a lot of love, so much that it overwhelmed me and I became so emotional—which I already was.

Even my parents supported my choice. They made me understand that my life was in my hands, and that I was the one choosing what's good for me or not. Which is true.. You're the master of your life, you must not let people decide what's good for you or not. You're the one who defines the good and the bad.

I've also talked to Kelly and Michelle. Kelly was more than happy for me. She told me that she always knew that I had this "bisexual" side in me, which I found very funny because I always was as straight as a pole. Michelle was more.. surprised. But I didn't blame her, I knew her and how she thinks, so I didn't really take time on it.

Since then, my life has been paradise on Earth. Nicki was taking good care of me and Blue, and she was always supportive to my music, to my art. She showed me that she was who I really needed in my life. She showed me love, respect, admiration, pleasure. She showed me life.

That was why today was so special for me and her. After a whole year of joy, tears, jealousy, here we were, in each other arms, in a bed we could call ours. Damn, it felt so great.

I looked at her features a little bit more, and felt so sad to wake her up. But I had to, today wasn't the day for sleeping through the whole day. We did that a few times.

" Nicki " I said while gently shaking her.

She groaned but opened her eyes anyway. Once her eyes got used to the lighting, she flashed me a dimple showing smile. " Hey baby."

" Hey my love. " I said then leaned in to capture her morning flaws ina peck. " Happy one year anniversary. "

" Happy one year, baby. " She replied then kissed me again. " I never thought that I could end up like this. "

I playfully rolled my eyes. " Word ? "

" Stop being so ghetto. " She said pushing my shoulder a bit making me chuckle. " Seriously, I never thought a second that I could be with you in a room without stabbing you to death. "