BoyxBoy Oneshots | Broken Friendship

"Shut the fuck up, Noah." I snarled, glaring at him in pure hatred.

No, hatred wasn't even close to describing how I felt about Noah. I loathed him. He was a shitty person who needed to burn in Hell. I'm sure you think that that's a bit much, but you don't know what he did to me. I'll get to that later, right now, I was focused on hating Noah.

He narrowed his eyes at me but said nothing, just turned and walked away. I let out a shaky breath and sat down against the lockers, leaning my head back. I could feel a single tear roll down my cheek. I wiped it away and sat there, sulking in my own self pity.

After a few minutes I opened my eyes, seeing Noah standing in front of me again.

"What the fuck do you want?" I growled. I was too tired to say anything else to him.

"Well I was originally coming over here to cuss you out, but then I saw you sitting here crying and felt bad." He sighed, plopping down next to me.

I scooted away from him and saw what seemed to be a pained look flash through his eyes.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked after a few minutes of us sitting there.

"I wasn't thinking when I did it. I didn't think Isaac would tell anyone." He said.

"Oh."

"Yeah. And believe me when I say that it kills me to this day what I did to our friendship."

It happened last year. Eighth grade. I told Noah that I was gay. He told me that he didn't care. He accepted me for who I was. But then he did the unthinkable. He told his brother, and I swear to god his brother is the biggest homophobe that I've ever met.

His brother, Isaac, told everyone, including my parents. And then my parents disowned me. The thought of it alone brought tears to my eyes. They wanted nothing to do with me because of my sexuality and sent me to live with my aunt. Thankfully, Aunt Pattie was a lot more accepting than my parents.

"Dylan." Noah's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I opened my eyes.

Noah was sitting a lot closer to me than he had been before. But I took comfort in his arm touching mine. It reminded me of our friendship, and dear god I missed it so much. The tears began flowing out of my eyes as I laid my head on Noah's shoulder, not caring that he saw me when I was this vulnerable.

He stayed silent as I cried, not wanting to upset me any further. After a few minutes I finally calmed down, taking deep breaths to keep myself from falling apart. I'd kept my emotions inside since Noah and I had our fight, having no one to talk to.

I had Aunt Pattie, but she was old and could hardly hear what I said half the time anyway.

"You okay?" He asked.

"What does it look like?" I sighed, not moving my head from Noah's shoulder.

"Dylan, I have something I need to tell you."

"And what is that?" I said rather bitterly.

Noah took a deep breath, looking unsure of himself.

"First of all, you already know how sorry I am. I can't stress it anymore how bad I feel. But that's not really what I need to tell you. I..., I've had a crush on you since we were 12." He said, and it kinda shocked me. "And when I told my brother that you were gay, he didn't let me finish telling the story. I was gonna tell him that it was great because I liked you, but he never let me finish, so he never knew that I was gay too. And now, here we are, crying in the school hallway over a broken friendship that was a huge misunderstanding."

I took all that in. If we're being honest here, I never really gave Noah a chance to tell his side of the story. I moved my hand from my lap and placed it on Noah's. He raised his head up in confusion and turned to look at me, then I captured his lips in a soft kiss.

He seemed surprised and let me lead. I grasped his hand and bit his bottom lip softly, letting my tongue enter his mouth. I pulled away after a moment and looked into Noah's beautiful blue eyes, almost getting lost in them.

"I'm sorry." I finally said.

"For what? I'm the one who outed you to everyone."

"I never let you tell me how you felt. I didn't know that you had a crush on me, I never knew your side of the story 'til now. And now I feel bad."

The two of us stood up and Noah pulled me in for a hug, his soft hands wrapped around my neck.

"I love you, Dylan. No homo though." He sighed, a small smile on his face as we pulled away from each other. I grinned at him and took his hand, pulling both of us off the ground.

"C'mon, let's go back to my place." I said, dragging Noah behind me.

"You still have Sally, right?"

"Yeah, I do."

Sally was my golden retriever, and damn she was big. She was a really sweet dog though, and Noah loved the hell out of her. My parents let me keep her when they kicked me out, damn morons probably thought that my dog could turn them gay.

"Let's go ya' slow poke." I chuckled, pulling him out to the parking lot.

"I'm coming, chill."

We finally made it out to the parking lot and Aunt Pattie was parked outside. She looked surprised to see Noah with me. Even though she couldn't hear very well, she still knew the reason that I came to live with her. I didn't let go of Noah's hand until we were in Aunt Pattie's SUV, then I buckled up.

"So are you two friends again?" She asked, looking back at us in the rear-view mirror as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, you could call it that." I said. "We fixed a broken friendship."

———————————

So here's another oneshot. I'll probably just write oneshots until I get another story idea lol. Thx for reading and don't forget to vote and comment. 🥴

Also, here's a link to the playlist I listen to when I write depressing stories:

https://open.spotify.com/user/hannamystic3/playlist/1smCZMsprijXDU6c9lmCLM?si=Wf8xj7bITHqyJmlSAnEruw