7. A Werewolf's Memories

Life is a road
And I want to keep going
Love is a river
I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road
Now and forever
Wonderful journey

I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you

- 'At the Beginning' by Richard Marx and Donna Lewis from the movie Anastasia

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

When it came time to get ready to start the term, Harry was more than happy to move out of Grimmauld Place. Which had nothing to do with the house; he had actually come to like living there. It was his talking roommate. Hermione was beginning to drive him crazy with all her anxiety and plans about teaching that he was going to be glad to get back to Hogwarts so he had a way of avoiding her if he chose to. He had to laugh though; it was just like being back in school with her, back to where all there was really to worry about what classes and the homework that went with them.

"I have all these notes from Transfiguration for the last few years, I'm so glad I kept them all. But I don't know what I'll do for the seventh years; I don't have any notes from that class. Oh, I'm so worried I won't be able to get everything taught to them, what if I forget something? Do you want my notes from Defense Against the Dark Arts, Harry? Do you know what you're going to teach your seventh year students? Are you worried? Excited? Are you listening to me, Harry?"

"Trying not to," Harry muttered as he was changing an orange haired Teddy, who was giggling and pulling his feet up in his hands.

"What?"

"Yes. I'm listening." Hermione gave him a look that said she didn't believe him but left it alone and went back to shrinking the items in Teddy's room and packing them into a suitcase. Teddy's things were the last to be packed, and once the suitcases were placed in Hermione's pocket, and Teddy was fed and dry, they Apparated outside of the Hogwarts grounds.

❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾ ❾¾❾¾❾¾

"So are you two ready for classes in a few days?" Professor McGonagall asked Harry and Hermione when they had gotten to her office.

"I believe so," Harry said. "Of course Hermione doesn't think she'll be ready, but we all know she is and her students will get all the information they need plus more this year." Hermione beamed.

"I know, that's why I wanted her to teach Transfiguration. She's more qualified to teach than Marian Wessely was. You'll do fine, Miss Granger. Or rather, Professor Granger." Hermione's smile, if possible, got bigger. "Well, I'll show you where you'll be staying. Each teacher's office has a flat off the room; there are three rooms, a bedroom, bathroom, and living/dining area. You can set it up however you like, and Harry, we can get something set up so Teddy can stay with you." Harry nodded as he and Hermione followed Professor McGonagall down the familiar path to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The classroom and office were plain, as the new teacher hadn't added his touch to it yet. The flat was just as McGonagall had said, three rooms, not too big, not too small. Hermione pulled Harry's and Teddy's suitcases out of her pocket and placed them on the table.

"I'll go show Hermione her flat, and let you get settled in a little. The rest of the teachers who aren't already here are coming back tomorrow, so we'll have a teacher's meeting tomorrow evening at seven o'clock." Hermione and McGonagall left, and Harry shifted Teddy to his other arm.

"Well, squirt, should we unpack? Hermione'll have our heads if she comes back here and find that we haven't started. Ok, let's see what we got here. Wow, it looks like Hermione packed your entire room here, Teddy," Harry said after opening Teddy's suitcase. Teddy giggled and tried to grab Harry's glasses. Harry turned his head away to avoid the baby taking them. Harry turned back and Teddy giggled again and tried taking Harry's glasses once more.