IV.The blood moon

Jasper

I had told those idiots to stop but I may have been too late.

Messing with humans was something young werewolves enjoyed doing but many times the end result was not good.

I was the first to spot her and I thought I could just scare her away a little but they took it too far.

This was a result of their stupidity and ignorance. Could they not have just left her alone?

The girl now lay on the ground unconscious and her head bleeding. Ivan was going to be furious. He had told us to stay away from the humans. Then again, in our defence, the human was on private property.

I wasn't even sure she was alive and frankly, I did not want to check. But I had to before calling Ivan. He was the only one who would know what to do and it was his name on the title deed. Plus he hated it when anybody kept anything from me him. The few who had...well,  they weren't killed, death was too easy and what good would it do?

We had all shifted back.

I knelt down close to the girl's limp form but before I could do anything something caught my attention.

Looking up at the sky, I saw something I had not seen in a very long time. The moon was a bright bloody red. I was pretty sure it was not that color an hour ago.

The others had noticed too.

"You!"I shouted, my voice urgent. The young wolf I was pointing at turned his attention to me.

I told him to go and tell Ivan that he was urgently needed. As he departed, I prayed the Ivan would be patient and hopefully agree to come.

In the meantime, I did my own little examination the girl.

She was very beautiful. Angelically beautiful. Her light brown locks were splayed around her petite body. Her chair contrasted well with her olive skin.

Touching her soft skin, I realized how cold and wet she was. It had stopped raining but her clothes were still soaking wet. She must have been through a lot.

I had sent for clothes for all of us just in case she woke up. What were we to do if she suddenly woke up and found us naked surrounding her? Five naked grown men surrounding an unconscious female in the middle of the woods at night did not really look good.

But she looked like she was going to be out cold for a while.

I scanned her head injury, careful not to hurt her. It was the full moon and most if us were barely in control of our strengths and powers especially the younger wolves.

Thankfully, her skin just had a little cut.  She had probably hit her head on the rock and it must have scratched her, hence the blood. I guessed that she just had a concussion.

The messenger with the clothes had arrived but Ivan had not.

Where the hell is he?

Stupid ly-

My thoughts were cut off by someone speaking. Ivan.

"Jasper, what do you want?"

"No 'hello' ?" I joked averting my eyes away from the female to the man who was standing a few feet away.

He was fully dressed. Meaning that he had been working as usual instead of enjoying the full moon like the others. He rarely went out 'just because it was the full moon' as he put it. As he had told me, when you have lived through literally thousands of full moons you lose interest.

I myself could not relate. I was not as old as him. Not that he was very old but he was not young. His elderliness was only in age but not in looks. His face was that of a man in his late twenties, maybe early thirties on his bad days. This was just one of the perks of being a lycanthrope.