Motherly Bond

My mother gasped and cried.
I held my stomach. I was pregnant. I sobbed.
It made me feel special, I had someone living inside me, growing to become a person, my child.
The doctor walked to my side, and took a seat in front of the officer. "There are a few options we could do Miss Madison."
"Mrs." I muttered under my breath, hoping no one heard.
"You could abort the child or give birth to the child and leave him in adoption. I imagine you want nothing to do with your kidnapper."
"I want to raise my child."
I didn't let him finish. There was no way, I'd kill my own child. There was no way I wouldn't want to be around my child.
I wanted to protect my child, to show it, that their father isn't as bad as many imagine.
My mother dropped her bags. "Are you crazy Elia! That child."
"Is my child." I said looking at her.
She looked at me as if I wasn't her daughter. Like if I were a stranger, who was acting crazy.
My brother played around with his toy.
I imagined my own. Would it be a boy or a girl?
I sobbed again.
Remembering the blood on Tadashi's chest.
The look in his eyes of a savage Wolf.
But, there was also kindness, deep down.
The cop knelt beside my bed. "I believe this is yours." He gave me the music box.
That music box that kept me string the whole time. That music box I treasured.
"Thanks."
"I'm Eric Park. And also this is yours."
It was a picture of me. I had curled hair and a smile I never believed I would have again.
He took it back. "Actually could I keep this picture."
I nodded and smiled. It was the least I could do for him, I owed him my life. He saved me.
He got to his feet.
My mother grabbed his hands. "Oh Eric! Tell her what's right! She can't raise that child."
Eric shook off my mother's hands and shook his head.
"I believe the decision she made was right. The child shouldn't pay for what his father has done."
He smiled. "I support her choice. If you don't support her. All she will need is mine."
My mother looked at him and screamed what she thought of my plan to raise my child. As if I weren't present.
My brother holding his toy against his chest, afraid.
Eric Made my mother sit down on the chair. "Look Mrs. Madison. Elia wants to save this child. I don't blame her."
He glanced at me.
"Elia. I'll be back. I'm going to check how Suhan Young is doing."
"Suhan!" I almost screamed. "Is he okay?"
"He should be stable now."
"Thank god. He's alive." I cried. He really did keep his promise. Suhan helped me escape.
I laid my head back on the pillow.
My mother left the room angry with my decision.
I honestly wanted my mom to support me.
Usually my mother was the supportive one. If my father found out of the child. He'd kick me out of the house.
But if they don't support me, I will leave and raise him, with the support of myself.
My room was quiet, just like the room Tadashi had kept me in. Only once in a while I could hear a car pass by.
I closed my eyes.
I thought I'd Tadashi's smile, back when we were dating.
His fragile way of holding my hand.
The clothes he wore on our first date.
Then I remembered something.
I was sitting in the train,
I had seen him before.
Three years ago. I opened my eyes wide.
I can't remember what happened after that.
I was in high school.
The door opened making me jump. I hated the sound of doors creaking open.
It was Eric Park, he was smiling.
He took the seat next to the bed.
"Did your mother leave?" He asked, without thinking it could've been a sensitive question.
"Yes she left. She isn't happy with my decision."
He nodded and reached for my hand.
"If your parents don't support you. You're always welcome to count on me. Okay?"
I nodded feeling grateful for everything he was doing.
"You should rest up now Elia. You're getting discharged tomorrow."
I was afraid.
What would my father say about my child.