Chapter Thirty-Nine

I went back to the Villa we are all staying. Drake and Peter insisted me to take a rest since I've been staying up late all night for two weeks now just to take care Sebastian in the hospital

It's been two weeks since then... But it's still like a fresh memory from yesterday.

Sebastian is taking his very first chemotherapy later on. I want to be there but I'm really dizzy because I'm lacking of sleep and I don't want to get ill too. I need to be strong for Sebastian.

After changing my clothes to a comfortable one, I lay down my bed.

...this is the first place where we cuddled.

I sighed and grab my phone. I don't have a plan telling to Stephen what's happening to me. He'll just take me away from them, worse is from him. I jolted as my phone vibrates. Stephen is calling me. I waited for a second and finally decided to answer the call with a proper tone of voice.

"H-Hey, Stephen." I said

"Where are you?"

"I'm at Destiny's Villa, why?"

"Nothing. How are you?"

I paused for a moment, trying to hold my tears and try not to sob in front of a call.

"I'm fine. H-How about you?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm also fine. I want to tell you that I'll be leaving the country for a month or two. Don't worry about your allowance. I just opened a bank account for you. You can see your account status on yout phone so it will be easy."

I don't know why, but I somehow felt relieved. The thought that Stephen will be a bit far away.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. Don't worry about me, okay? I-I'm fine."

"Yeah.. But I'll be calling you every once in a while to check on you. I'm going now. Take care of yourself, okay? Bye, I love you."

Then he ended the call. I wiped away my tears and place my phone on the side table on my right as I slowly fell asleep.

-

"SEBASTIAN! SEBASTIAN!" I called out as I walk further in the forest. I stopped walking as I heard someone walking. I glanced at everywhere and I saw Sebastian getting closer.

"Jane!"

As he got in front of me, he quickly hugged me and I hugged him back as tight as I can. This guy, he's the one I don't want to lose. "I.. Thought I'm going to lose you." he said and pulled away from the hug. I looked at him and anxiety painted on his pale face.

"No, Silly." I chuckled and cupped his cheeks

"I won't go away again. Please, just stay."

"I-"

We start to hear gun shots and that made Sebastian angry, and I can sense that he's worried and... Scared. The gun shots stopped.

I glanced in front of me and he's not there anymore! I shook my head as I glanced at every corner of the forest. I'm scared. Where is he?!

"Jane!"

I glanced behind me and saw Stephen pointing a gun to Sebastian's head.

What's happening? Why am I seeing these things?!

"Is this the guy you adore so much? Hm? Is this the guy who have been to jail many times because of his impulsive, childish actions? The guy who never been love by anyone?"

"S-Stephen, please. Stop!" I yelled and tears are now streaming down my face. Sebastian looked at me. Blood dripping on his face. He's like in pain. I hate it when I see him like that.

"What? You still want to save your beast? No. I don't want to. He only put you in trouble and I had enough of it."

He pulled the trigger

"Hey, Jane. Wake up!" I quickly got up and I can feel dews of sweat pouring down my face. I can feel how heavy my chest is. I glanced on my right side and it's Drake. I covered my face using my hands and try to calm down. My nightmares are getting worse every now and then.

"Are you okay? Do you need something?" He asked and pat my back. I looked at him and he looks really worried.

"I... uh... I need to see Sebastian. Is he okay?" I asked and sat properly, facing him in front of me

"Jane, he's fine. You need to rest. Don't push yourself to your own limits, you might get sick, too. It's Peter and Beatrice's turn to take charge. You don't have to face this alone, okay?." he said and lift up my chin, "...A-And I don't want you to do everything alone." he said as our eyes stare at each other for like seconds.

"Drake?"

He suddenly snapped out of trance and realized how near our faces are. He pulled away and take little glances of me.

"Y-You get rest then I-I'll let you go at the hospital tomorrow." he said then left the room.

That was weird. But the thought of seeing Sebastian fueled my body.