Chapter 7

Lance's P.O.V.
It's been three weeks since I went on the date with Shiro and Keith, I've felt myself falling in love with them more and more each day. I want to stop, I don't want to fall in too deep to quickly but everything inside me is screaming to confess and live a happy life with them.

Of course I still don't know that much about them but I know they wouldn't hurt me and they at least kind of like me. The feeling of being watched hasn't gone away but I just ignore it, I don't want to worry anyone.

Currently I'm working at the café, it's Sunday so everyone is working. I feel absolutely horrible, I'm running on little sleep and barely any food since the rent rate was raised again and I can't afford any food. I'm half debating begging Allura for something but I don't want to just use her for food. Tonight I have to work again but at this point I don't know how I can.

The café doors open as I'm serving a customer and I see it's Shiro and Keith. My mood brightens a little as I look over to them. My friends will finally get to meet them and see that they're really awesome and even though things probably won't work out it's still nice to spend time with them.

"Hey." I say, forcing a smile and trying to hide my exhaustion

"Hey Lance, we finally got a day off so we wanted to come see you." Keith says

I feel a presence behind me and turn to see Hunk, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh hey Hunk, this is Shiro and Keith." I say

"It's nice to meet you." Hunk says to them

"Likewise." Shiro replies, shaking his hand

I can see Pidge and Allura looking over from their stations but they don't come over to meet them. I can sense a lot of tension for some reason. Do they not like Shiro and Keith? No I must be going crazy from lack of sleep. At this point I don't know what's true or not.

"Lance, you ok?" Shiro asks "You look kind of sick."

"I'm fine, just a little tired but what college student isn't?" I say, chuckling

"Are you sure?" Pidge asks, walking over to us "You look really pale."

"One hundred percent, I'll get over it in like an hour." I answer "So what would you two like?"

I take Shiro and Keith's order and they sit down at one of the tables. I keep sneaking glances at them and I can tell they're doing the same, making me blush. The tension seems to be fading away but I still don't know what it's from. Shiro and Keith haven't done anything.

Hey that man with the long white hair is back again, I guess he must really like our café, what was his name again? Lotion?

"Hey Lance, are you sure your instincts matched with Keith and Shiro?" Allura asks me, appearing from around the corner

"Yeah, why?" I reply

"I don't trust them, they are hiding something." She sighs

"Nothing bad I'm sure." I state "I know they'd never hurt me or anything."

"If you're sure." She says unconvinced "Please stay safe and remember we're here for you when you need us."

Allura walks away and I turn back to the coffee I was making. Does everyone distrust them? Was it something they did or said? But they've barely spoken and this is their first meeting so it must have been me. Oh god I messed everything up didn't I? I'm going to need to fix this.

I turn around with the filled coffee pot but I feel dizziness overcome me, I try to plant my feet on the ground properly and lean on the counter but it's to late, the floor is getting closer and closer...