Chapter 12

Lance's P.O.V.
I feel warmth and softness around me. There's a hand petting my hair and an arm wrapped sound my waist. I'm in Shiro and Keith's room again, finally in soft sheets that don't scratch me.

He did I get here again? Oh that's right, after they 'took care' of Kuro they drove me back here and told me I should stay the night to prevent anything else from happening. Shiro gave me one of his shirts and some pyjama pants to sleep in which I did, then I fell asleep and had the best rest I have had in a while.

They told me that we should talk but it can wait until morning, after we've all rested. I'm getting sort of anxious though, I want to know if they're mad, or if they want to kill me next after what I saw. I hope they don't turn on me, I did help the, and I do still love them.

I open my eyes, being met with Shiro's dark ones. His humans hand is the one in my hair, brushing it softly and calmly, smiling at me.

"Good morning kitten." He says "Did you sleep well?"

"I did, the sheets are so soft and nice." I reply

"Did those two bastards use bad sheets?" Shiro asks

"Yeah, my skin is really sensitive so these silk sheets are the best thing ever." I answer "My bed also has pretty crappy sheets."

I don't want to return to my apartment any time soon. I'd rather just stay here with Keith and Shiro, lazing around and talking the day away in an extremely soft bed. Of course we can't always have what we want though.

I really should be getting home, I have a lot to sort out, I've been off my suppressants for a few days, hopefully that won't cause any issues but it's better safe than sorry. I have an essay to finish and I need to tell Hunk and Pidge that I'm alright, I'll just make up some story about where I was. Besides, I've imposed on Keith and Shiro enough, I ignored them for a few days and then they have to come rescue me? They might like me now but they'll stop soon enough.

I sit up, which is a slight challenge due to Keith's arms around me but I manage.

"Are you alright?" Shiro asks

"I think so, I mean I went through a lot." I reply "And I shot someone which I'm freaking out over a little but I don't feel to strange. Maybe the realisation will hit me later but for now I'm fine."

Shiro nods, placing a hand on my back, he smiles softly at me which makes my heart flutter.

"I should probably be going home." I say "I'm sure Hunk and Pidge are worried about me. I've also got some work to finish."

"Lance you shouldn't go. We want you here." Shiro says

"But-" I start to say before I'm interrupted

"Don't go." Keith mumbles "You have to stay."

"Keith?" I say "You're awake?"

He pulls me back down to lie down next to him, Shiro returns to brushing my hair and I blush heavily.

"Keith I need to go home." I say

"No, stay here." He says "You went through a lot, I don't want you returning to that crappy apartment."

"You went to my apartment?" I ask

"When you passed out, Allura gave us the address to take you home." Shiro explains

"Oh I thought you found out like Lotor did." I mumble "Apparently he stalked me, looking back I should have realised. Ugh this is all my fault."

"Lance it's not your fault." Keith says "We would never treat you like an object as they did."

"I know you wouldn't, you're not like them." I reply

"Why do you love in such a bad apartment?" Shiro asks

I look away nervously, not wanting them to think differently of me.

"You can tell us, we won't judge you." Keith says, noticing my apprehension

"Well I don't have much money, so I had to live wherever I could get a place." I explain "I got kicked out of home because I came out as bi. I moved to New York for  a fresh start. My friends Allura and Coran own a café so I got a job there but it wasn't enough money so I started working at the Galra club too. I don't really enjoy working there but it pays the bills. I also have half my college tuition paid for by scholarship but it's still a lot."

"I didn't realise how much you were struggling, we should have done something to help." Shiro says

"It's ok, it's not your responsibility." I state

I cuddle deeper into Keith, hiding my face in his neck. I could just stay like this for ages, it's so warm and comfortable. His arms are wrapped around me makes me feel so safe.

"But we want to help, Lance our instincts matched." Shiro says

"So that wasn my Imagination?" I ask

"No, it was real." Keith says "Shiro and I's instincts matched as well. And we want you to join us."

"You want me to join you?" I ask confused

"We want you to date us, to be ours and us yours." Shiro says

"But you're so... amazing and I'm just... me." I say in confusion "We're too different, You're rich, handsome and mysterious and I'm just... nothing."

"Don't talk about yourself like that." Keith says "You're amazing, you got kicked out of home and immediately picked yourself up and moved to a new place, getting a job and working. You're so brave and strong, you don't see how amazing you are."

Keith wipes away the tears of happiness forming at my eyes, I smile and hug him tightly. Shiro engulfs both of us in his arms.

"Lance we love you, so much." Shiro says "We're meant to be together."

"We want to be together with you." Keith says

They feel the same way, everything is so perfect. I wish this moment would never end. I sit up to face them, I want to tell them how I feel, I'm going to tell them how I feel.

"I-" I begin to say but I can't get the words out

Something's blocking my throat, I cough into my hands and I see blood.

"Lance?!" Keith yells

Suddenly I feel a piercing pain in my abdomen, like I've been stabbed. I scream in pain and my eyes roll to the back of my head. I fall backwards on to the pillows in immense pain, I can't breathe, all I can feel is pain. Shiro and Keith are yelling my name but I can't respond. I feel Keith pick me up before everything goes black.