Devastation

"Hold on there, guy." Amethyst said, "You're telling me that all of this is because of a magical horse with a horn on its head?"

Hot Rod said nothing, simply giving Amethyst a bewildered look.

"Didn't you just say that a unicorn is causing all of this?" she asked.

"Wha- No, Unicron." Hot Rod said, correcting her. "Look, I want to tell you more, but we are not in the best position right now. I've got to patch this leak, and then we need to get top side."

"What's the rush?" Amethyst asked, "You already took care of it."

"No. When it comes to Terrorcons, there is never just one."

Just after Hot Rod said that a low, guttural moan echoed through the subsection of the building. The three looked around, trying to determine that source. When nothing could be seen, Hot Rod decided that they needed to get out of there, fast. Tearing off a piece of metal from the wall, he started to work on the leak.

"I don't have anything that can weld it, but a few nails will hold it for now." Hot Rod said, bending the metal to fit around the pipe. "Keep your optics active. The last thing we need is to be surprised again."

"I say again, Terrorcon are ground side." Jazz heard over his radio.

"Oh, this aint good." Jazz said, "Optimus, did you get all of that?"

"Affirmative, Jazz. I'm sending the report to Blaster now." Optimus said, "How far are you from Hot Rod?"

"He went all the way to the bottom, so it's going to be a minute before I link up with him." Jazz told him.

"Just worry about getting to him." Optimus told him, "The main entrance to the nerve center is no longer a viable route. The north-west entrance is your best chance, but it will require you to go through Decepticon territory."

"First we get word of Terrorcons, and now we get to deal with Decepticons. It is our lucky day, isn't it?" Jazz mused.

"I will send word to their checkpoints and outposts to allow you through." Optimus said, "Ensure that our guests are delivered safely and undetected."

"Understood. Jazz Out."

"There are many questions to be had right now, but I think I'll start with the obvious one." Pearl said, "What exactly is a Terrorcon?"

"Since we're likely to run into them, I guess it's only fair that you know." Jazz said, continuing to drive, "I don't know the whole story behind them, so bare with me. They're the shells of fallen Cybertronians after their sparks have faded. Only to be brought back as something horrible. Mindless beasts that are only looking for a fight."

"That's horrible. How can that happen?" Pearl asked

"As I said, I'm not entirely sure how it happens, but it is connected with what's happening right now. Involving something called dark energon, and a creature as old as time itself" Jazz said, "These attacks have been happening for some time and, even after hearing all the details myself, I still find it hard to believe. To go over it all would require a major history lesson, and we don't have the time."

"He's right. We need to get to the others, and fast." Garnet said, "I have a very strong feeling that things are about to take a turn for the worse. We need to hurry, Jazz."

"Too easy." Jazz replied, picking up speed.

Hot Rod slammed his fist into the pipe, causing the rusty nail to sink in. The patch job that he had given it was hardly ideal, as it was still dripping, but it was the best he could do with limited time and equipment.