Paparazzi

| Emma's POV |

Ethan watches as I pretend to tightrope across a ledge that was going to lead us all the way down the beach front. Apparently there's a child's park upon the sand so not only will I be able to swim, but also swing on the swings and pretend I'm a child again.

May I remind you, this bitch is 19.

Ethan's wearing his swim trunks and has our towel slung over his shoulder whereas I went for the layers and wore my denim shorts over the top of my bikini.

"How long until fans spot us?" I ask looking up from my feet and glancing at Ethan who shrugs.

For some reason he then brings his fist to below his mouth as if it were a microphone,

"TMZ spot Ethan Dolan and Emma Chamberlain out.... in public. Shocker, surprise, turns out they are indeed human beings" he speaks in an announcers voice which is deep and drawn out. I can't help but giggle that much that I nearly topple off of the ledge

"Okay then, how long until I fall?"

"Ha that ones easy" he chuckles "I'll give it another three minutes tops"

I shoot him a glare and begin to stick out my tongue, adamant that Im not going to fall until I pass three minutes.

In my intense concentration I seem to have not noticed that Ethan has been pulled aside by a fan. Now I'm too far ahead to run back so I just sit down upon the ledge and wait for them to stop talking.

It's a nice day and I'm grateful that I'm here with Ethan I just wish that we could be ourselves and not on the look out for the cameras and fans. Not that it'd mean anything, we were already being shipped still and practically everyone has seen the video he had made all those years back.

A smile spreads upon my face just at the memory.

"Were you smirking to yourself, weirdo?" Ethan asks with a chuckle before plopping himself down next to me and looking in the direction I was for an answer.

"I'm just thinking" I reply playing with my own fingers because being in public meant Ethan neglected any PDA.

"About what?" He asks in a soft tone still looking out onto the waves that were serene and calm.

"About how grateful I am to be here, with you and that I'm still able to do what I love for a living" I've started to go soft so I turn to Ethan and smirk "oh and if I'd be able to drown you in the sea" I joke and his head snaps towards me with a scowl.

"I'm not thAt annoying" he moans.

"If you say so" I giggle, he lunges for me but I throw myself off the ledge into the sand and begin to sprint as fast as I can away from him knowing he's right behind me.

Suddenly I'm being levitated off of the floor and slung into the air.

"You got tiny legs" he teases finally placing me back down on the sand. I cross my arms across my chest. I pout and he giggles "you cute when you mad" playfully tapping my nose with his finger.

He puts the towel down on the sand and watches in awe as I wriggle myself out of my shorts, leaving me in my bikini.

"Wanna see me do a flip?" He asks passing me his phone

"Want me to film it?" I suggest and he shrugs so I pull up his camera and press record. He so nearly doesn't land it, in fact it's a miracle that he didn't literally eat the sand.

"Bet you couldn't do better" he says jokingly and I roll my eyes making a small jog towards the water

"I'm a cheerleader, remember?" I holler back at him as he follows me towards the blue sea

"Oh I remember" he says with a sarcastic moan making me slap his hard chest playfully "your cheer days are over though, baby"

He watches as I work up the courage and dive myself head first in, he follows with little bother and swims towards me as I bob up and down.

"I was actually thinking about going to an open gym somewhere in LA" I state and his eyes burst open as if he's really proud of me. I haven't even been yet, it's more than likely that I'll get cold feet and bail.

"Want me to come with?" He asks allowing his hand to grip my waist under the water, it's the only time we can touch and I enjoy it immensely.

"Nah, I'll probably go when you and Gray film. To keep me occupied" I inform and he nods telling me that it's a good idea.

On the walk back to our towel I want so badly to kiss him but a flock of girls bound towards him asking for photos. He happily agrees, taking a cheesy picture with each girl.

I would've thought that it was going to make me jealous or at least envious as he wraps his arm round them, but instead I just feel an overwhelming feeling of pride.

That's my man, doing what he loves, making people smile. What more could I ask for?

One of the girls asks me for a picture too and I'm kinda in shock but I agree- creating a peace sign with my fingers before they thank us and scurry away.

"Taking our branding, huh?" Ethan chuckles noticing the peace sign I had made towards the camera in the girls selfie.

"Oh please. The peace thing was ours before it was yours" I let slip and his face shows realisation as he blushes slightly. I try and overlook it but he looks too damn cute "to the swings!" I sing hoping to snap him out of his daze.

We find the playground and luckily it's empty which means that big kids like us aren't going to be judged by adults with their tiny tots.

"When do you think you want to go home?" Ethan finally asks as I swing myself to and fro.

"I'm just scared" I whisper back truthfully. Who knew whether Aaron was still back at my place waiting for me to return. He could've trashed the place for all I know.

"I know, but if you do want to go back, I can take you" Ethan assures. I can tell he wants to hold my hand so badly but refrains from doing so.

"Maybe sometime this week then? I'd like some more clothes and I can't keep asking James to bring them for me" I giggle and he smiles and nods as if to tell me that he'll be ready whenever.

I doubt I'll be able to ever sleep at my apartment again knowing everything that happened, but maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep without Ethan again after the comfort of last night.

Ethan shows off his monkey bar skills and I dreamily watch as his arms flex and his veins protrude in such a sexy way. Staying apart from him was seemingly impossible at this point.

"The suns almost setting" Ethan sighs looking out onto the landscape with a smile.

"We should take pictures" I suggest and he happily agrees telling me to go first so that I'll definitely get photos and that if the suns already down before it's his turn, then at least I've got mine.

"You're beautiful" He coos swiping over the photos we had taken zooming in every so often to admire me much closely. It takes all my strength to keep me away from cuddling into his side as I thank him.

We walk back to the car in a comfortable silence and I can't help but smile as I stare down at the sunset photos. Ethan had luckily been able to take his too and he they're so breathtaking that I find myself setting one as my lock screen.

"Mine" I mumble to myself before putting my phone back in the pocket of my shorts and swinging myself into the passenger seat.