Chapter Sixteen: Just One of Those Days

"It is not always the same. I try to do what is best, you know?" He lifted his wineglass to his lips. Mister Fujita (Or the Scarred Man, Mister Manchester, whatever he was called) frowned as he thought over things, "No one seems to understand the hardship of being a Dream Weaver. There are very few of us left. You know with the whole government watching over magic and contacting Sir Styx. It makes it hard work."

"I must agree," Said the plump official. His bald head shining the lights of the room. The official drank from his wineglass with deep thought.

Mister Fujita adjusted his cuffs and looked at his chilled wine. The party for his new enterprise was underway. A celebration for the opening of his new hotel new the Yena Kingdom. Mister Fujita sighed slightly his thoughts on the work he did for Drake. He spoke softly, "The Dream Weaving business is tricky. Everyone thinks that their dreams will work out perfectly with magic. But the truth is ... Well, it doesn't really. Take me for example. I originally was just any other mortal long ago. Then I meet an untimely issue, if you will. Too untimely... But the thing I did, I would do again. I would do anything to ensure the safety and happiness of my beloved ones...Even Sweetpea... When I entered the Witching Hours in the Brik of Doom, I got granted a rare offer. I could work to make other people happy and use magic. It sounded great!"

"Oh I see," The official nodded as the harp music happily played. The people everywhere chattered on joyfully and clicked their glasses together in celebration.

"I realize that my situation was not the first. Other Dream Weavers have come before me. Ten to be exact," Mister Fujita stared over the crowd, "It comes with great cost and personal sacrifice. I have to split my presence between the waking and the sleeping world. Well, I do not really exist anymore. Somewhat anyways... Now I am Fujita. So long as I stay near my businesses. When I want to travel about I am Mister Manchester. But I have to share my time and presence with the mortal sides. In truth, I am only a shadow of these people. They are only shadows of me. I am not really in control when the presence of these sides of myself are out. It is beyond words to really explain... They mingle and move in shadow of me. Vice versa. I can only walk freely when they sleep... We use to be different people. I use to just be the Scarred Man. Mister Manchester just use to be a wanderer. Mr. Fujita was just an out of luck businessman."

"The wine is dry," The official interrupted as he tasted it some more.

"Terribly so," Mister Fujita answered, before looking at his watch, "They made deals with me... Mister Manchester did not wish to be lonely anymore. He wanted a place to call home. A place where he would be welcomed and not judged for his illness. Mister Fuijta wanted a family and success to go with them. But his old age and poor fortune gave him nothing, " Mister Fujita closed his eyes, "They were tough dreams to grant given both men's history. They were not horrible people. No in fact they were both very kind men. But like all dreams, there was a price. As a Dream Weaver in the beginning, I needed an avatar back to the mortal realm. I needed a place of operations. So they were my first dreams to grant. It worked for both of them . .."

"Say do you think your business will go well in Yena?"

"Yet as I lived in their shadows and they in mine, I did fall in love with Sweet Pea, queen of the Fairies, " Mister Fujita smiled, "I got to see the person I loved from afar. It was a happy time. Then Mister Fujita well, he wanted children. I had to weave it. There was a great of deal of weaving as I had meet some twins that were in trouble with Sweet Pea. I would grant them their dreams of a safe home. But prices all around. I had to give up Sweet Pea..."

"Ah, I see you are very assured of your fortune!"

"I was. I thought I could have it all. I thought I would be grant it all. It was after all my beginning dreams to grant," He paused, "I was foolish. I failed to heed the warning of Sir Styx about being selfish during weaving. I messed things up and missed my strings. I ended up weakening the relationships of the fairy court. Not even to get started on the wreck of what came later... I tried to make right by Sweet Pea, when the whole breakdown between magic and non magic users happened. You remember the Magic Wars from your history books. Well that was another Dream Weavers' failed weaving. That is another story."