Shopping

I woke up to the sound of footsteps. That's a great way to wake up when you're sleep deprived. I sat up and rubbed my eyes and face. I ran my fingers through my hair before looking around. This room, I forgot how pretty it is. It's nothing like the cabins back at camp, or my old room at mom's house, and it's definitely nothing like the rooms in the underworld.

 It's nothing like the cabins back at camp, or my old room at mom's house, and it's definitely nothing like the rooms in the underworld

I slipped off the bed and slowly made my way to one of the doors. The first one I opened is the closet. I closed those doors and made my way to the second door, this time when I opened it, it lead me to the hallway. Jackpot. I walked down the hallway, trying to remember where to go. I wandered through the hallways until I came across the kitchen. I did have to go down a very elegant set of stairs so... When I entered I saw that everyone is in here, Bruce, Jason, Dick, Damien, Tim, and Alfred. All eyes turned to me, and at this moment I couldn't be happier to see everyone else but Alfred in their pj's. Slowly I walked to the table and plopped in a chair.

"I see you're not a morning person," Bruce chuckled.

"I'm not when I'm woken up to hear three pairs of running feet."

Bruce looked at the boys. He smiled at me, and soon Alfred was giving everyone breakfast. In front of me he set down an omelet with veggies, bacon, and orange juice.

"Thank you Alfred, but I'm allergic to oranges."

"Oh," he took the glass from me. "Do you like milk?" he asks.

"Very much," I smile.

"You're allergic to oranges?" Damien asks.

"Yeah, oh shoot. I forgot to tell you that didn't I Bruce?"

"It's alright. It slips my mind sometimes that I'm allergic to milkweed," Bruce says smiling. 

I laugh, a real laugh. All eyes turned to me. I guess they weren't expecting for my laugh to sound so... cute. I smile and say thank you to Alfred once he sets down a glass of milk in front of me. I scarfed down the food, it tastes like heaven. 

During breakfast we decided that today I would be going shopping with Alfred and Dick. I'll be going to the mall to get clothes, shoes, and other female products. At the mall I'll also be able to get things that I want to decorate my room with. I plan on getting some band merch, books, and other things. I'm not super excited though, I've never been to big on shopping. Bruce said that while I'd be shopping that he'd be finalizing the adoption with CPS. I smiled, maybe here I'll actually have a home.

After breakfast Dick walked me back to my room. I told them that I have no idea where I'm going. When I got back in my room, I gathered my clothes from yesterday and took them into the bathroom with me. Once inside the bathroom I stripped off the shirt Bruce let me borrow. I opened the shower curtain and turned on the water. My feet stepped into the hot water, burning at the touch. 

I ran my hands through my hair. I stood under the water for a good five minutes before moving. I opened my eyes, and spotted the shampoo. I squirted it into my hands and massaged it into my scalp. I rinsed it out and now my hair smells like lavender. I washed my body with the lemon lime body wash, and used the strawberry conditioner. Once I finished washing I turned off the water, and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around my torso and rung out my hair. I stepped out of the shower and onto the cold bathroom floor. I dried off my body and put on my undergarments. I wiped the condensation off the mirror and looked at myself. My raven hair is soaked, sticking to my face. My blue eyes are dull and tortured. I have scares littering my body, from monsters, from war, and from abuse. The most noticeable one going through my eye brow. 

I sighed and stared to pull on my pants. I slipped my shirt on and looked through the draws for a hair dryer. There is no hair dryer. I sighed and started to pull my hair into messy bun. I put my jewelry back on, and I draped Nico's sweater on my small frame. I walked out of the bathroom and over to my shoes. I tied them onto my feet, and used them to walk over to the door. When I opened my door, I saw Jason standing in front of it. 

"Hello."

"Hi," he said looking at me strangely. 

I shrugged it off and followed him to the main room. We walked through different hallways, and down stairs. I memorized the way from my room to there. When I got to the main room, there stood Alfred and Dick.

"Why is your hair wet?" Dick asks.

"I took a shower. You guys don't a hair dryer."

"Then lets put that on our to-do list," Alfred said.

I followed them out of the house and into a really fancy car. I sat in the back with Dick, and we made some small talk. The ride to the mall felt like forever, but it could have felt like that because I was ignoring Dick the whole time. We parked in the garage and all headed into the mall. 

In the end I got more than I wanted. I got 5 pairs of jeans, 2 blue, 3 black; 3 pairs of black leggings; 2 pairs of black shorts; 5 t-shirts, 1 blue, 2 red, 2 black; 3 long sleeve shirts, 1 striped, 2 black; 4 sweaters, 2 black, 1 white, 1 gray; 7 pairs of pajamas; 20 undergarments; and 2 types of sneakers. Sadly because Bruce has a ton of galas and parties I also had to get 2 nice dresses. One is a black long sleeve, knee length dress. the second is a black spaghetti strap, knee length dress, with a white stripe around the waist. Alfred forced me to get a pair of black pumps. I was going to get a few things for my room, but after all that I didn't. The only other thing I got was a sketch book. 

When we got back to the mansion Dick helped me put everything away. We then watched TV in the game room. 

Today may have been good.