That was fun?

Bruce said that since this gala was for me and for a project at Wayne Enterprises, that he was going to escort me in. Jason, Time, Dick, Damien, and Diana would already be down there with the rest of the guests. This did make me a bit nervous, I mean when Bruce would bring me down, all eyes will be on me. 

From the hall next to the stairs I could hear all the voices, I could hear all the people. Everyone but me is down there. I spaced out, I can't think of anything but me making a complete fool of myself. Suddenly I was forced out of my spacey ness for someone appeared right in front of me. I jumped, only to see that it's Alfred. 

"Good luck miss."

"Thanks Alfred," I said in a shaky voice.

He walked away, and I peeked my head out from around the corner. My eyes widened, wow that's a lot of people. Quickly I returned to my position from behind the wall. Soon enough I heard the clicking of heels, Bruce is coming up those stairs. Soon everyone quieted down, gosh I'm coming out soon.

"Everyone, you're here today for two things."

He then went on to explain what the new project is at Wayne Enterprises. It has something to do with cleaning the streets, literally. There's going to be some new kind of street cleaner, or something? I don't know I was to nervous to really listen.

"The second reason that you are here today, is so that I can introduce a new member of my family. Recently I have adopted a 15 year old girl," he paused. "Her name is Silence Harper."

I then walked out from my spot and smiled at the large crowd. Bruce held out his arm, and I laced mine through it. We descended down the stairs, and I really am surprised that I didn't fall in these heels. When I reached the floor, most of the chatter started again, thank the gods. Bruce then lead me to a few of his friends.

The first one is a very tall and built man. He has glasses, a blue suit, and a notebook. He held out his hand for me to shake.

"Hi, I'm Clark Kent. I'm a reporter for the Daily Planet, I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions."

"Sure," I replied.

He smiled and opened his notebook.

"So Silence, how did you first meet Bruce?" he asks.

A smile broke out across my face. I was going to say when he saved me from getting mugged, but he doesn't know that I know he's Batman. "He almost hit me with his car."

Clark's eyes widened, "Oh wow." He turned to Bruce, "You almost hit her with your car?"

He smiled sheepishly, "Yeah."

He asked a few other questions, I didn't answer them all. He asked me what happened to my family, I didn't answer that one. I didn't answer any about my past life, only the ones about my new life here in Gotham. 

After meeting Clark, Bruce lead me to a few other people. There names were, John Jones, Oliver Queen, Barry Allen, Hal Jordan, Arthur Curry, Kendra Saunders, Carter Hall, Dinah Lance, John Smith, Zatanna Zatara, Ronnie Raymond, and Martin Stein. They were all really nice, though none of them are business partners with Bruce, they're just his friends. I didn't meet many of his business partners, I hid from those guys.

After a while I started to feel peopled out so I got a snack from the buffet table, and found a seat in the far corner of the room. I was eating when the boys and a few kids their age came up to me. I sighed when I saw them coming directly at me. Gosh, the bat boys have friends here. I finished my small snack, wiped my face, and slipped away from the group. I obviously used my demigod powers to get away from them, I saw them look around. They are so confused, I snickered. I threw away my napkin and walked around a bit, saying hi to people who I passed. I walked and weaved through people, heading towards the garden doors. They're wide open, I guess anyone at these galas can go to the garden.