Before He Comes...

Lucinda POV

Morning came quickly, too quickly for me. The sun was peeking through my curtains which told me to get up. So reluctantly doing so I zombied my way to my bathroom to do my routine.

Maybe 20 minutes or half an hour later, dunno really since I don't time myself. I was showered, teeth and hair brushed. Clothing choice was a simple light purple day dress with matching flats. Why not heels, not too much walking around and they would kill me. Plus I want to talk properly and not think 'when am I going to fall' all day. My hair was in an up and down style. I last did my make-up. I don't usually wear the stuff but it is a special occasion, that means making the effort. Light purple eyeshadow, mascara, light pink lipstick and a bit of blush.

When I'm done, I round up all my paperwork from my room and mind link Grace to bring me some breakfast at my office. Heading to my office to set everything out for the almighty that's due. About 5 minutes into sorting, this a knock on my door.

"Come in", I said loudly and in walked Grace with my food, "Morning Grace and thanks for the food."

Bowing her head for respect and walking towards me and the tray. "Good morning Alpha, it's no problem you know that. The kitchen has finished the breakfast foods and is ready to prepare the feast for tonight to his majesty". She placed the tray on my desk and smiled. There was toast, bacon, beans, eggs and a side plate of pancakes. There was a glass of orange and a glass of water. Don't judge, werewolves have to eat lots since we can burn lots of calories fast.

"That's good Grace, I knew you would start before I said so. So once again thanks and you can leave to carry to lead your cooks to put them into place and no slacking."

"Alpha, no problem and enjoy". She bowed her head and left my office. Munching on my food and reading through everything to check again that everything is in order. I had mind linked Devon, Oliver and River to my office to make sure everything is perfect.

They arrived 10 minutes later, pretty much all at once which I find most amusing since I was thinking they would just come in one time. "Thank you for coming quickly, I feel it won't be long until he arrives. River, is everything okay with the borders and did you make sure to double up the warriors plus change patterns of our routes and the rotation of warriors?"

"Yes Alpha Lucinda, I made sure that they had trained hard and..."

"Sorry for interrupting there River chap but isn't a bit much seeing that what we had was perfectly fine and the King wouldn't be in danger"

"Devon, how rude of you to interrupt River. But it is not much of putting extra protection on the pack and the pack understands the reasons. As the King is here I feel that it would be better to be safe than sorry. Also that I made it quite clear that it was needed." I was angry at Devon but couldn't lose my head right now.

"But Alpha, he would have royal guards with him and that rouges and attacks haven't happened since that one those years ago." Devon tries to reason with me.

"The Alpha is right Devon, yes the King would have his guards but speaking with other packs before us, he really has 5 guards and his Beta with him. Also that it would show us that we would have ..."

"Oliver who told you this, it's my duty to find out stuff for the alpha as Beta.."

"Mph, Beta my arse. You couldn't even remember about the King coming today." Oliver committed with Devon getting a red face for holding back his anger. Both were separated on either side of River before they got physical.

"Devon and Oliver, you are getting off-topic as was being said. Our pack warriors are well in numbers. It would be well used if we used them to say to the king that we have the numbers if an attack was to happen, then we would be prepared." River said calmly, trying to not start a fight in my office.

"No River, it would have been best if the warriors were near to the pack lands. In case there was anything dodgy going on." Devon argued back towards River, again.

"I agree with you Devo but I have to agree with Oliver. I have trained those wolves and if you can come to more training then you would see that they are well trained and prepared for anything. There is enough around the lands and at the packhouse."

While the 3 were having an argument in front of me I was trying not to lose my cool with them. They each had good points but they were just going round and round. Around 5 minutes later I just about had enough of them going back and forth. I was getting a headache from them. "ENOUGH" I used my alpha tone on them which they looked at me and showed me their necks in surrender. "That's enough, gosh, the way you are arguing is like little schoolboys. What has been done is not going to change. I trust my wolves out there. River and Oliver thank you for not trying to change and question my orders. But Devon, I am disappointed in you. Never ever have you questioned my orders before. So Devon goes back to your mate and I will make an excuse for you not being there for the arrival. But I expect you to be there for the important meeting, that will properly happen quite soon after he comes. Do I make myself clear?" I look straight at Devon when saying the last part. He makes no eye contact with his head down. He nods his head. "I can't hear you Beta, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Alpha Lucinda." He replies.

"Good now go, get out of my sight". He bows his head a bit and turns to the door. He leaves quickly shutting the door quietly. "Now where were we before we were interrupted. Ah yes, River carries on with what you were saying." Turning to River.

"Ah yes Alpha, as I was saying..."

After about half an hour or more, I don't know, I just lost track of time. Me, Oliver and River left my office and wondered around the packhouse. There were lots of people around every excited about the important guest. The packhouse is a large mansion with 3 floors, basement, swimming pool and anything else you can think of. I live in the packhouse since I didn't really want to live on my own. My inner circle have their own homes which are the closest to the packhouse, for obvious reasons.

Anyway, it was coming up to around 10:30, when I got the important mind link. It was that the King had arrived at the border of my pack land. I had given permission for him to be let through. I sent a pack link saying that the king is on our land and to act normally and come to the packhouse if wanted to. I had gone outside with Oliver and River to stand on the steps of the packhouse to welcome our guest.