Saving River

Lucinda POV

Standing there and looking into the room. Carlos was holding a knife towards River. River was locked in silver chains and very beaten up. "Look, my friend who is back from the dead. Harrison didn't finish you off then. His poisonous claws can't even keep you from death." Carlos states and with that River looks up to me and his eyes go wide. They properly told him that the pack had fallen to which I was dead and so was Oliver and Jupiter.

Zaliver tires to get me to go behind him but it wasn't going to happen. "Carlos, I will command you to realise my Delta right now or face death as you are outnumbered!" I used my Alpha voice again. But it seems he is immune to it.

"Poor Lucinda, can't command me. I will have to finish what Harrison started. You and I will fight to the death." Well, that escalated quickly, I think to myself. A furious roar sounded beside me that belonged to Zaliver.

"She is not fighting you!" Zaliver shouted and he was leaking authority out of his bones. I try not to have an effect on me.

"Why not? She is an Alpha and I think I may challenge her for her pack." He smirked and I shuddered at the thought of losing my pack to him. But why have my pack, I thought he wanted power?

"Shouldn't you be challenging Zaliver for his pack, since it's the largest and you'd be King?" I ask, trying to lose focus on River, as Ollie sent me a quick link to say he was behind with Michual.

My question must have stumped him because he was taking a while to answer. So, I and Zaliver took the opportunity to move into the room more. While doing so, Michual and Ollie moved behind us also.

"Don't move forward anymore, or he dies. To answer your question, taking over your pack is the first step to overrule everyone. First yours, then attack him using the warriors at my disposal." I really wanted to laugh at this because I doesn't think to heard anything stupid in all my life. He had the guts to tell his plan to us and in front of the king. Also, I think he has forgotten that there are warriors behind us that would all have a piece of him.

I meekly took a step forward and then another one, he didn't say anything but just kept watching me. "Carlos, why do all this. You have a good position in the Kings pack. Wolves would kill you to get your position and authority. Why throw it all away for what a rogue with a horrible obsession with my pack and my family name?" I kept walking forward and hoping to get the knife off him. "You don't really want this, do you. I know Harrison wanted to get back at my family for banishing him and Devon wanted to finish the job from inside the pack. You were properly brainwashed into this." I was close to him by this point. He just is listening to what I am saying because he hasn't made an attempt to plunge the knife into River. Zaliver was still standing there and the other two were sliding across on the other wall to look like they weren't there. "Give me the knife and leave River out of this. He has nothing to do with this. It's to do with me and Harrison who will receive what he deserves. The rogues have been dealt with outside. You can go back to the royal pack and live a life and forget about all of this."

He gave a look of guilt for a second and then turned the knife towards me with anger in them. That's kind of what I wanted because whilst my focus was on the knife, the boys rushed to River and tried to unchain him.

"Wait just a minute, you dare tell me that I shouldn't be in this and I was brainwashed. There is always more than being a Beta. We were going big. I wanted to be part of it. Devon and I are going around expanding the territory while Harrison takes over the crown. They did not pressure nor brainwash me into this plan." This is hard to believe what he is saying.

"Carlos, you have choices. Don't go down this road any longer. We understand why you are doing this. Lucinda has her person for all of this. You can play a role in my pack again, just choose the right path." Zaliver pleads. It must be hard for him. He was his friend and he used to help lead a pack with him. I see what the boys have undone the chains on River and slowly move him back the way they entered the room.

"You say this but you will just kill me before I even step foot into the pack grounds. Why not have fun right now." We didn't see this until he flung the knife towards the boys. With his side to me, I ran at him to tackle him to the floor. This gave them a chance for them to grab River and hurried out of the room. They will take him back to the pack and get him sorted, which will give Jupiter a peace of mind.

When Carlos realised I had him tackled on to the floor, he was wiggling under me but Zaliver saw this and rushed over to help. Carlos managed to free his arm and doing so flung me back towards Zaliver. Luckily he caught me before, I crashed onto the floor. Carlos was up on his feet and charging towards us. Zaliver pushed me to one side but not too hard to make me fall. He took the full force from his Beta, well his ex now. They both have half shifted into their wolves such as their claws, teeth and strength were heightened and used like savages. My own wolf doesn't like seeing Zaliver like his fighting because of this weird connection with him like he is my mate.

With the fighting, I knew it wasn't my fight even if he had my delta at knifepoint. As Zaliver said, I have my man in my cells to kill. I took the chance to see what's happening outside the room. Warriors were still there but some had gone. So I asked if they had taken River back. To which they said they have and Nathaniel's pack has gone back after all the rogues were killed and burned. Everything was taken care of, so I turned my attention back into the room. It had gone strangely quiet.

I looked into the room and I saw Carlos's body on the floor by the same wall that held River at. Zaliver had clearly shifted because his big midnight black wolf was sitting in the middle of the room. It was true about him, silent but deadly.

I stood beside Zaliver wolf and automatically used one of my hands to rub the top of his head. I think I heard him purring but didn't comment on it. Carlos wasn't dead just lying there as he should be. I don't think Zaliver had it in him to kill his Beta and friend. I looked to the door and warriors were waiting for an order. I waved them in and ordered them to take him to the Royal pack cells for Zaliver to make the call on his deathly punishment. "Do you want to shift back?" to which he nodded. I turned my back to him and asked a warrior to quickly get some shorts or something for him. I hear his bones crack back into their human configuration but I don't dare turn.

When a warrior came back with a pair of shorts. I backhanded them to Zaliver to which he chuckled. He tapped my shoulder to let me know he was covered. I couldn't keep my eyes off his chest. "Eyes up here, Lucie." I snapped my eyes into his.

"Lucie? When did you decide to give me a nickname?" He shrugged while I shook my head, "Well, I like it. Nobody calls me that, only Oliver. We should get going. I want to see how River is doing and if Jupiter hasn't run a mile from the pack to be left alone." We both chuckled and headed out of the underground hideaway. I take granted the fresh air after being there for a long time.

We walked to the cars that were left at Nathaniel's pack since the car that was near the hideaway was already gone that contained River in. We both got into a car and with me driving, we talked about anything. We both seem to accept this bond between us without having to actually say anything.