Epilogue

5 years later

Lucinda POV

Well, 5 years have gone and I am surviving. Being Queen is like being an Alpha always busy working out ways to help packs. But I would never change or for the world. I've visited Harrison in the cells in the old pack and he looks really bad. I still haven't ended his life. He is suffering until it's time. On the other hand, Zaliver gave out after 2 years of Carlos in our cells. He was publicly hanged for his betrayal to the pack, Alpha and his part in trying to bring down White Rose. At least he is with his Half-brother now. 

Oliver and Lillian are thriving at leading White Rose. They are sure that they stayed the second strongest in the county, to which I'm proud of. They got married, since they wanted to copy me, and they are expecting a pup to come our of Lillian any time soon.

River is still himself, stern and a bit moody but we all know what won't change. Nobody has asked why he's like that.

I learned, through Lillian, that Jupiter and Michual are true mates. I suspected that they were mates before I left the pack and also at mine and Ollie's wedding they were on top of each other. Nothing sexual in the public place but who knows in private. Anyway, they are happy, marked and mated.

I and Zaliver have been going strength to strength. We've had our arguments but always in the end, usually him, will apologise and make it up in some way. Usually, what I read in stories, the main characters have a child or children running around the place. There are no children at the moment but there may be a child on the way. Yep, I'm pregnant but only by a month.

When I told Zaliver I was with a child, he just exploded. A few warriors with Peter came rushing in to make sure there was no threat. I told Peter the news and he gave me a hug then left with the warriors. When Zaliver came back to earth, he set an immediate pack meeting and told them all the good news. A pack barbeque was held that evening. I also told Lillian and Oliver but they were sworn to secrecy until we told all the alphas the news. We still haven't done it yet because they don't really need to know until we set an alpha meeting again.

Zaliver and I were on our way to one of the other Alpha King's in the world to celebrate his son's birthday. It's cute because the child is 5. This King lives in America and we have already landed and in a car to his home. Zaliver held my hand in his and rubbed his thumb across my knuckles because he felt my uneasiness. "You are going to be fine, Lucie. Julian is a close friend and that you have already met them twice. Once at our wedding and then again at theirs."

"I know, I know. I can't help it and the changing of my hormones isn't helping me. Also, they were brief encounters"

"Maybe, we should have stayed home and missed this." He thought out loud.

"No. It makes for the different scenery and to get away from our home for a bit."

"Of course. Love you."

"Love you two." He brought my held hand to his lips and gave a gentle kiss on the knuckles.

Through the trees, there was a castle that hid the rising of the moon. The car drove over the gravel driveway to the entrance. One of the guards opened the door for Zaliver to step out. When he did, he turned and helped me out. Taking his right arm with my left, we headed up the steps to head inside.

When inside, a butler guided us to a large ballroom where balloons, streamers, lots of food and a huge birthday cake was seen. Music was playing with adults talking and surrounding children who are in the middle of the floor. I and Zaliver stood to the side and took it all in. Zaliver whispered in my ear, "This will be us soon. Planning parties for our pup." This made me smile and I quickly gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Come, Lucie let's find Julian."

Zaliver found him with his mate talking to another man, who I didn't recognise. Julian must have heard us because he tuned and outstretched his hand to Zaliver, who took it and gave him a handshake. "Zaliver, glad you could make it. Hello again, Lucinda. We need to have a chat sometime to get to know each other."

"Why yes. I would like that as you seem to know Zaliver well."

"Indeed. I like to introduce Alpha Blake of the red arrow pack. Blake, this is Zaliver and Lucinda, King and Queen of Europe werewolves. Also, Lucinda was one of the few Alpha Females in the whole world at one point." I blushed at his compliment.

"Nice to meet you both. Excuse me, I will leave you 4 to it." Blake says and disappears into the crowd. We 4 chat for a bit and then Cassidy, Julian's mate, suggests that their son, Collin, blow out his candles and cut the cake.

Soon the party slowed down and parents were taking their children home. Cassidy has told one of the maids to show us to a room to stay for the night, as we would head back to our pack in the morning. It was a decent room with everything we needed. Our packed clothes were already in the room. Zaliver helped me out of my dress and I helped him out of his suit. We had a very long bath which carried over back into the bedroom. Even though I'm a month pregnant, Zaliver was very gentle as he doesn't want to hurt me. I just laughed because it's cute of him to think that.

The next morning, after morning sickness and breakfast, we left and flew back to our pack. I will say that when we left the castle, it was quiet around. Maybe everyone was partied out.

Overall, everything in my life is great. I have a handsome mate, loyal pack members, friends who are my family and soon a child to call my own on the way. My Female Alpha duties are done but my Queenly duties are only just beginning.