William POV Continues..

Her strength amazes me - I've never seen a girl so resilient. Not even my rejection manages to change her expression. As soon as the heart-wrenching words leave my lips, she responds with unwavering fortitude.

"I may not be good enough for you, William, but I am not someone you can insult and degrade like this. I deserve respect, and I demand it from you. You may be an alpha, but you have no right to be a heartless and ruthless person. I may not have my wolf, but I have my dignity intact, which is more valuable than anything in this world." She speaks.

Her words jolt me out of my thoughts, and I'm taken aback by her fearlessness - I never realized she was capable of speaking to me like that.

Then with a calm and steady voice, she accepts my rejection and relinquishes the responsibility of being my Luna.

As soon as those words leave her lips, I feel a sharp pain in my heart, while my wolf howls with deep sorrow - a pain that I choose to ignore.

'You stupid idiot human, why did you reject my beautiful mate?' My wolf says.

'None of your business.' I replied.

You'll regret it, and you will pay for this rejection,' my wolf growls in response.

'Go ahead.' I respond and shut him down without any trace of emotion.

I take a deep breath and begin walking towards the party. The sound of music and laughter fill the air, but despite the festive atmosphere, I feel an emptiness in my heart.

I can't shake the feeling that it's my wolf breaking the mate bond, but I choose to ignore it and push the thought aside.

Then, Emma approaches me with a wide smile on her face.

'Hi, handsome, where were you?' Emma says.

'Getting a fresh air.' I replied.

'Actually, I have been looking for you. You know that I miss you.' Emma says, employing her flirting techniques.

I don't know what has come over me. Perhaps it's due to the rejection or Roselina's fearless response. I decide to entertain Emma and pull her into my embrace, pretending as if I had missed her.

'Hey baby, I missed you too.' I said.

Desperate to forget what had happened earlier, I kiss her passionately, and she responds eagerly.

After a passionate kiss that lasted about five minutes, I pull her towards the stage and begin to make an announcement.

'Good evening, everyone. May I have your attention, please?' I spoke, and everyone turned their heads towards the stage.

"'Today, I have a special announcement to make. Please listen carefully." I spoke, capturing everyone's attention.

The crowd grew silent as they awaited my words.

"I want to introduce you all to someone very special, someone who has captured my heart and will soon be leading our pack alongside me. Please welcome your future Luna and my mate, Emma!" I announced, as the crowd erupted into cheers and applause.

After a few moments of silence, I hear thunderous applause and cheers filling the hall. I see Emma's eyes fill with tears of joy and happiness, and she suddenly kisses my lips in front of everyone.

'Thank you, handsome,' she says.

'Anything for you, baby.' I replied.

I feel guilty for deceiving my pack, but I believed it was for the greater good. I didn't feel the need to provide any further explanation and let things unfold naturally. My parents and Emma's family were overjoyed to learn about our supposed mating. However, the truth is far from it, and it weighs heavily on my conscience.

On my birthday, Emma and I spent the night together behind the packhouse. I couldn't help but think about Roselina and how she didn't shed a tear or beg me after the rejection. She simply accepted it and ran into the forest. Her strength and resilience continue to surprise me.

The next morning, I was startled by a commotion at the packhouse entrance. Emma's parents were there, frantically pleading for help to find their daughter, Roselina, who had gone missing. A cold shiver ran down my spine as I ordered the guards and warriors to search for her. The anxiety of what could have happened to her kept me on edge throughout the day.

It has been over a week since Roselina went missing, and despite our efforts, we still haven't found any leads. The whole pack has lost hope of finding her, except for Colin and Julie, who keep asking me about her whereabouts. I can see the worry in their eyes, and it makes me feel guilty for what I did to her.

I really have no answers to give them. I know they were her close friends and care for her deeply, but we still have no clue where she might be. It's been over a week now, and every day that passes without news of Roselina brings more despair to the pack. I have ordered the guards and warriors to keep searching for her, but so far, we've found nothing.

Rumours began to spread throughout the pack that she might have died, and the whole pack was mourning her loss. It was a devastating time for everyone, including me. I felt guilty for not being able to protect her and for lying to the pack about my mate.

I am the only one who knows that she wasn't dead, and that's because of our mate bond. Even though I rejected her, the bond remains until one of us marks another wolf. And in my case, I haven't yet marked Emma, so the bond with Roselina still exists. But I couldn't share this with anyone in the pack, not even Emma, as it could cause chaos and confusion.

End of William POV