33

"So you wanted to see me, Jin?"

"Mr. Sung, I'm here to report the end of my suspension. I would resume doing my job starting tomorrow."

"I hope this suspension helped you to grow as a better bodyguard."

"Thank you. It actually gave me time to reflect on myself and how i've conducted my work till now."

"So what did you conclude?"

"All this while, I had done a sloppy job as her bodyguard. I've been to blinded by guarding her from outside threats that I ignored the fact that the real danger came from the villain lurking within."

"So now you've finally found out what you ought to do?"

"I did. You never intended for me to be a normal bodyguard."

"You're right. I chose you not because of your physical strength. You were always supposed to be her shadow bodyguard, protecting her from the monsters who lurked in the shadows without her knowledge."

"And that's why you chose me, a more strategical person who relied more on wit and luck."

"A mental attack is far more better than a physical attack."

"I have one more question sir."

"What is it?"

"Why do you hold a grudge against Mrs. Jung?"

"I see you haven't learned the whole truth."

"What?"

"My brother, y/n' uncle. Do you know what happened to him?"

"From what I've heard from y/n, he had become a cripple now and can't ever walk again."

"But that's not it you see. Do you remember him rejecting y/n?"

"Ofcourse. He yelled at her and told her to stay away, that he hated her whole existence."

"Isn't it suspicious? A man who once loved y/n as his own daughter, to turn against her like that"

"It is but I guess he was blinded by that women."

"Let me tell you something. Something even y/n doesn't know. That day, when my brother actually got hurt, what actually happened."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
____________________________________

Y/n's P.O.V.

You walked back home with a satisfied smile on your face after parting ways with Jungkook.
You were relieved that he had finally woken up and happy that the old goofy Jungkook had returned.

Now you just hoped for everything to go back to as it used to be. You, Tae, Jungkook, Jimin and everyone else to go back to the happy old days.

As you glanced at your front door, you recognised a familiar stilheto of a boy who you've missed. You grinned wider as you strode along the way. And then as you got closer, you saw rose petals scattered on the ground and the devastated look on Taehyung's face. Your first instinct was for you to hug him and comfort him but he moved away from your touch.

"Tae? What's wrong?" You asked causiously

"Y/n, I'm sorry." He mumbled and somehow those words managed to break your heart.

"Why.... why are you saying so-?"

"Please. I'm begging you." He spoke with his trembling voice that he tried his upmost to hide but simply failed, "If i ask you a question, would you answer truthfully?"