Ten

A Cold Night
Ten

Percy woke up to someone shaking him. The boy slowly turned over as he woke up, grasping the offenders wrist before squeezing, drawing a gasp of pain.

"Jeez Seaweed Brain, If you wanted to sleep more you could of just said so." A familiar voice hissed. The voice he had dreamt of for so long, the voice that he had longed for since his banishment.

"Annabeth?" The boy said, almost a whimper as emotions crashed down all around him.

"Percy? What's wrong?" The blonde said, once again reaching for his shoulder in a comforting way.

Finally Percy turned and really looked at her, and the sight almost made his heart drop. There, in all her glory, was Annabeth, his ex-girlfriend. She was kneeling on his bed, a worried expression sitting on her face. Percy instantly felt guilty.

"Nothing, I'm sorry. You just scared me. I was having nightmares I think." Percy said hurriedly, scared of her leaving again.

"Was it of..." She started but Percy cut her off.

"Yes. I... can you just stay with me. If only for a little bit." The boy said, a slow whimper emerging from his throat.

"Of course Seaweed Brain. Scoot over." The blonde said, giving him a smile. Instantly, the boy curled around her. An outsider might think he was trying to protect her, but Percy knew, he just couldn't live without her.

It wasn't long before they both drifted off to sleep, held in each other's embrace, but sleep for a demigod never comes without dreams.

You've seen what the gods will do to you and yet you still doubt me. What will show you that you're fighting for the wrong side!

Andromeda? You're real?

Of course I'm real! We've been speaking for weeks now! Did you hit you're head and forget?

Just get out of my head and let me sleep.

Whatever you say, Perseus, but we will be meeting sooner than you think.

Percy was about to respond, but he could feel himself fading out of the dream, an unearthly cold grasping at the edges of his sleeping mind.

Finally, after struggling to just sleep peacefully, the boy threw the covers off of his body before stepping over to his fountain.

The least the gods could do for them was make it somewhat warmer in camp.

Throwing on a shirt and some pants to at east look somewhat decent, The son of Poseidon manipulated the water until a mist seemed to fill the entrance of the cabin, before he flipped a drachma through it.

"Hey Fleecy, do me a solid and show me Lord Poseidon." Percy said quietly.

And the curtains close!

What did you guys think do this book as a whole? I honestly, now that I'm finished with it and have looked back over it a few times, have come to hate it.

Things aren't explained very well. The prophecy is never explained, more so because I hate poetry and because I'm lazy.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed some small piece of it!

See you in the next story.