Jalillah

Prologue

Prologue

    "Jalillah please"

Holding her gently but firmly, Mo said to Jalillah in a whisper,

"I know you want to be strong, and I respect that but let me be your strength today, please".

Sensing her hesitation, Mo held up Jalillah's face, her eyes could not hide the grief she felt, and her lips trembled nonstop.

"It's okay to let go Lilly" Mo said pulling her into his wide chest, and with this Jalillah could not hold back. She felt like the last straw holding her was pulled out. Letting the painful feelings she felt take over her. Her feet gave away, and she could not stand on them any longer. She was falling, physically and mentally and her tears were unstoppable, but Mo held her. She allowed herself to lean on him. He was the support she wanted and needed. 'Just for this moment', she thought, 'just for this moment', because she could not get carried away, and disregard who Mo is, her husband, who is emotionally deprived. Who respects her, but has also made it clear to her that he is incapable of loving her or any woman ever again.

With all the hurt in her heart, all Jalillah could think about was how she found herself in the arms of a man who had no love for her

*** Part One***

It has been barely four months since her marriage to Mo, but Jalillah's life has never been in this shambles. She felt a profound sadness, one she had never felt before. The mirror beside her reflected the hollowness in her soul. She had lonesome and dark under eyes, and the vibrant girl she once was seemed like a lifetime ago...