Steel Heart?- Part 14

Author's Note

Thank you for reading everyone. This part is mostly going to come from Mo's Point of view (POV) and occasionally that of Jalillah. So, let's look into that so-called steel heart of Mo if it is as steel as we think. Enjoy!

Mo held Jalillah in his arms for a while, before seating her down on the bed. Her tears had socked his shirt, but she was calm now. His mum came in with a plate of food and asked him to feed her

"Please make sure she eats some, I understand she has not eaten anything," and left them both in the room.

Jalillah was lying calm her eyes closed, even though he knew she was not asleep. He had seen her fast asleep in Paris and knew how peaceful and beautiful she looked, now she was just pretending to sleep. He looked around realizing this must have been her room before she got married. He stood up and looked around, her book collections were very versatile and he was not surprised at this. He had caught a glimpse of the person she was in Paris, energetic, and so full of life. He enjoyed looking at her. She lit up in amazement at seeing things she had read about and asking things only a Parisian could have known. Her smile was infectious and several times he had caught himself smiling when she was. He had seen her for who she was, excited passionate and beautiful. It was infectious and hard for him to ignore.

He stood by her dresser and read the little post note on her morrow. She had a timeline of things to do after graduation. 'Adventure Africa- Ethiopia, Kenya and Egypt', she also had some short poems about love, life, and happiness. She was such an extraordinary girl, Mo thought. He turned and looked at her on the bed. He wished he could make things easier for her, he knew how important Inna was to her. He knew she had agreed to marry him to please Inna.

Mo dragged the chair from her reading table and sat beside the bed.

"You have to eat some food Please, so you don't get sick"

He touched her face with his hand and she flinched.

"Please Jalillah"

She opened her eyes and looked at him with the vilest stare.

"If I do will you leave?"

He knew she hated him for their argument in Paris, but he still wanted to be here for her.

"If you want me to leave"

She took the plate from him and took a few spoons of rice.

"That is all I can take, so can you leave now I just want to be left alone"

He could see she had no strength to fight him and could not raise her voice louder than he could hear, and he also saw how broken she was. She was not the happy girl he discovered in Paris, and he was aware it was not just because of her grandmother's death, but also because of what happened after he was Zoe.

"I'll leave, but I'll be back," making it clear to her that he was coming back.

*

"Patricia, please cancel all my meetings for today," Mo told his secretary.

He has been in his office and lost track of time thinking about Jalillah. She has awoken feelings he had buried deep in his heart. He had put up every defence to his feelings, but with each smile, laughter and just her presence broke down every defence he had put up to his heart.

When he was first introduced to her by his mother, he dismissed her, but as time went by he was first, attracted to how brilliant she was at work, and when he cared to look, he noticed how beautiful she was. Then AK would not stop talking about her.