[8]

Aurora POV

"Soo.." I say as I sit down across from Bella at breakfast, a fresh bowl of newly opened coco pops and cold milk in my hands. "You and Edward, eh?" I ask, a sly smirk on my face. "What?" She asks in confusion and/or shock.

"Oh come on! Don't act like I didn't see your face all love smitten when you got home late yesterday! It's so obvious that it's Edward because there's no one in forks or even Arizona that could do that." I say as if I'm reading an open book, which Bella basically is. "Oh my god" she says, burying her face into her hands. "It's not that obvious, is it?" She asks. I laugh a little,
"probably not to anyone other than me and dad. So I'll keep it a secret if you want me to" I hold my pinky out like a child, smiling. She rolls her eyes before wrapping her own pinky around mind. "Promise you want tell anyone?" She asks, "Yea-Yea, don't tell anyone, I hear you loud and clear." I say with a salut "I'm being serious, Ro. Don't. Tell. Anyone" She warns me, standing up and walking upstairs to finish getting ready. I hold my hands up in defence as she walks away, "I won't do anything, if anyone finds out it was probably Edward who told!" I yell after her.

~~~~~~~

"Ya know" I begin as we get out of the car, and by 'we' I mean me, Bella and Edward. "Aurora, I don't want to hear anything!" Bella says as Edward swings his arm over her shoulder, turning and looking at me dead in the eye. "I'm just saying after everything you told me this morning, this really isn't keeping a secret you specifically didn't want out" I shrug, folding my arms as everyone turns and stares at us. "Come on" Edward says, putting a hand on my shoulder and bringing me with them. "Ya know everybody's starring" Bella says, "No, not that guy. He just looked" Edward says as we pass some dude with curly ass hair. I spot Eric, Jessica, Mike and the rest over towards the stairs. Jessica comes running over to me and places an arm in my shoulder, "Are you come to band practice after school? We need you for prom" she says, her eyes glistening with excitement. "W-what? Since when was I in the band?" I ask her in utter shock. She turns to Bella who is just walking into the school, before turning back to me. "Bella signed you up, she said you're really good at singing. Anyways! I've got to go, so I'll see you in the music room after school!" She says, leaving me before I can say anything. I shake my head and shrug before turning to the front of the school and walking in. As I walk down the hallway a pair of arms grab my shoulders, forcing me to look up. I see Jasper with a smile on his face. I quickly return the smile, noticing his blonde hair more messy than usual. "You looked bored with them, so I came to save you." He says, tilting his head to the side a little. I gently place my hands on his arms and laugh, "oh wow... you're basically my Prince Charming then." I say sarcastically. He joins in with my laughter before slinging his own arm over my shoulder and walking me to class. I look over and see Edward and Bella leaning against some lockers. "This is going to be a long day" I mumble under my breath.

~~~~~~~

It's been a few weeks since Bella and Edward have become a 'thing'. She's been to his house a few times, to meet his family. And every time she comes back a bit... weird. I just got back from another band practice, that whole day Jessica finally managed to convince me to join and was shocked when she heard me sing. Of course I didn't do it willingly, I got $20 bucks out of it so I'm good. Right now Dad and I are sitting at the table, me finishing my Math homework while he cleans one of his guns, Bella's getting dad a beer. She places it down, "I'm going on a date with Edward Cullen" She blurts out. Dad takes a double glance at her before turning back to his gun, "he's a little old for you, isn't he?" He asks. I chew on the end of my pencil, enjoying this as if it was a reality tv show. "He's a junior, I'm a junior, I thought you liked the Cullens?" Bella asks, getting fidgety. "Well I thought you don't like any boys in town?" Dad fires back, obviously not liking the topic of boys, "Edward doesn't live in town, so to speak" I say, joining into the conversation for once. "He's right outside" Bella says, making dad confused as I roll my eyes, "he wanted to meet you in person" Bella continues. "Alright, bring him in" Dad says, closing his shotgun with one hand. I roll my eyes again before looking down at my math homework, again chewing on the end of my pencil. "Could you be nice? He-he's important" Bella says. I don't hear anything from dad other than Bellas footsteps walking out before coming back in with Edward trailing behind her. I look up and see him quickly glancing at me, giving me a quick smile which I gladly return. "Chief swan" he begins, "I wanted to formally introduce myself, I'm Edward Cullen" he sticks out his hand, which dad grabs "Hi Edward" Dad says, placing his arms back on his hips. "Bella won't be out to long tonight, she'll just be playing baseball with my family and I." Edward says, "Baseball?" "Really?!" Dad and I say at the same time. Bella blushes a little before looking down at the ground. "Yes sir, that's the plan." He says with a little laugh. "Bella's gonna play baseball" dad says, I little bit shocked, "never thought I'd see the day." I say, turning around and sitting up on the table so I face them with a smirk on my face. Bella walks over and smacks my arm a little as a laugh escapes me. "I promise I'll take good care of her" Edward says as he looks over at Bella and I. She walks to him, nudging him and telling him to leave so she can get out of this awkward situation. "Hey Bella," dad calls quietly, getting her attention. He makes a motion, "you still have your pepper spray?" He asks her, "Yeah, dad" she replies before walking out. I roll my eyes before getting back in my chair to finally finish my homework. "At least one of my daughter won't have to worry about boys for a few more years." Dad says as he sits down beside me, ruffling my hair. I smile lightly before turning to him. "Don't worry pa, I'll be single for a few more years" I tell him, smiling before turning back to the paper.

~~~~

I awake to a slam of a door, the front door to be more specific. I pull my face from the table and wipe the drool from my face, walking to where the door is. I end up beside dad as we watch an emotional Bella walk up the stairs, you could feel the anger radiating of her. "Hey-hey-hey what's going on?" Dad asks as he follows her upstairs, "I just gotta leave, I'm leaving now." Bella says as she slams her bedroom open. "B-but you can't just l-leave Bella" I say stepping up beside dad but she slams the door on us and I start to feel my emotions come in. It's a few seconds before the door flys open again and Bella shoots past us, into the bathroom. "Did he hurt you?" Dad asks, trying to find a way to get her to stay. "No" she replies, grabbing random stuff from the bathroom cupboard. "Did he break up with you?" Dad try's again, "No, I-I broke up with him" she says, storming past us again and into her bedroom, slamming the door yet again. "I thought you liked him" Dad calls through the door, "D-Dad that's why I have to leave, I don't want this. I want to go home" she shoots past us and into the bathroom again. "But moms not even in Phoenix" This time I try to convince her to stay. "I-I know I'll call her" she says, walking down stairs. "You're not going to drive home right now, you can sleep on it." Dad calls to her, following her down stairs. "If you still feel like going I'll drive you to the airport in the morning" I trail behind the two, my emotions swirling inside of me. As I walk down the stairs I see one of Bella's hoodies and pick it up, it must've fallen out of her bag. "No-no I wanna drive, it'll give me more time to think. I mean if I get really tired I'll pull into a motel, I promise" she says as she picks up random items of clothing that has been left on the back of chairs. "Lo-look I know I'm not that much fun to be around, b-but I can change that. W-we can do more stuff together." Dad tried convincing her, "like what? Watching football on the flat screen? Eat at the diner every night, steak and cobbler? That's you dad, t-that's not me" she walks past us and to the front door, "Bella, come on. I just got you back" dad says, looking at her. "Yeah, and ya know? If I don't get out now I'll just be stuck here like mom" she says, opening the door and slamming it behind her. I blink a few times before I feel the tears beginning to fall. I quickly open the door to race out after her, but she's already pulling out of the driveway. We make eye contact before she looks down, grips the steering wheel before driving away. The door opens behind me and I feel dads arm go around my shoulder, pulling me into a hug. It takes me a few seconds before I feel my body start shaking as sobs leave my mouth.

Why did she have to leave?