A bad day

"When life knocks you down, roll over and smell the roses."

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The next morning I woke up with what you call a worse headache. My eyes were badly swollen and my vision blurry. I had to rub my eyes a few times to get rid of blurriness. And when I looked at myself in the vanity mirror, I sighed heavily at my state. I look like I just ran out of a jungle.

Aria came in the room uttering not even a single word. She knows me well enough to say something at the moment. She placed a gown on my bed and a plate of wonderful smelling mouthwatering sandwiches. I gave her a small smile and she reciprocated it.

I must have looked pathetic because her eyes were glistening with tears. She remained quiet, sitting on the sofe while I ate.

And now here I am changing into a pastel pink gown that Aria placed on my bed.

Aria lightly did my makeup and placed a tiara on my head, my hair pinned from one side and flowing in the back in waves

I wore my simple nude pumps and went outside my room. I mustered up all my courage and begin walking towards the door to my father's office.
While I was walking, my mind was processing at a high rate. It would be a complete lie if I said I wasn't panicking.  Sure I was close with father but never have I opposed the decisions he made. I didn't know what to say to father so that he would cancel this wedding. Suddenly my train of thought was cut off as my body collided with a hard surface.

Did I reached the door already and not see it? A groan escaped my mouth and I quickly bent down to pick my tiara that fell off of my head. While I was picking it up, my eyes fell on black shiny shoes infront of me. Oh god! did I just collide with a guard? This is so embarrassing.

I slowly lifted myself up, internally lecturing myself to act cool like i didn't just collide with him and walk away without looking at him. I walked looking down and it was working until the guard said, "Don't you have eyes to watch where you're going?"
Wait! Did he just say that to me? I mean like wow... are guards allowed to talk like this?

I turn in my heels and open my mouth for a sarcastic comeback but my throat dries as soon as I see who he is.  I close my eyes tightly and clench my jaws. Out of all the people in the world I just had to collide with him. I didn't bother answering him. Instead I turned around and kept walking until he couldn't keep his mouth close again and said, "Wow a princess with no manners. Now that's something new. I wonder who taught her the basics?".

This made my blood boil and I turned on my heels and spat, "Well I think you are such a gentleman that you are the King of good manners and I don't wish to steal that tittle of yours from you, Your highness. So why don't you apologise to me instead for standing in the middle of the Hall like some dumb statue because I certainly lack some basic manners." I smile sarcastically after finishes my sentence.

He scoffed like a two and year, crossing his arms across his chest and I smirked in victory and began walking towards my destination. I knocked on the door and waited for a reply. I heard my father say come in and I opened the door to his office and shuffled myself inside his office uncomfortably.

He looked up from his papers and towards me. Seconds turn into minutes and minutes were passing by with me standing there awkwardly, unable to form words because my mind stopped working and my father staring at my intently.

"Are you going to say something or stand there all day long looking like a deer caught in headlights?" He said cutting the thick tension that was created between us with a sharp knife. 

I clear my throat. "Father, You know how much I love you and I would do anything for you. I have always obeyed your orders, whatever big or small, I obeyed them without a question. I  know you love me too and know exactly what is best for me and what is not. Father I want you to be the happiest but it is not possible for me to marry Prince Ramsey", I finally tell him looking anywhere except him.

He stays quiet for a few seconds and then clears his throat. "Listen dear, I don't want to force you into this marriage but Rose, Ramsey is the only person I find a perfect match for you no matter how I see him. He has all those traits that I want in your husband. I want someone who can treasure you like I did and still do. Just believe in me Rose and accept this marriage because either way you are going to marry him. I gave Robert my word and I cannot go against it."
My eyes brimmed with tears and were threatening to fall. He's not going to listen to me. It's only a business deal. I immediately excuse myself and leave the room. I hear him sigh behind me just as I leave the room.

                    ●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hey ya'll!

So, someone finally met someone once again. Do let me know what you think about their encounter?

Leave a comment, vote and share to support my work.

Do visit me in instagram @missy_e24.

-MissyE♥