15. SCONE, for me!?

Happy Easter guys!!!
Thank you so much for reading my book and constantly waiting for updates.😘😘

      ________________________________

Christian

“Is that the morning papers?” I questioned as I spot one of the maids walking back into the mansion with the folded papers in her hands.

Upon hearing my question, she drew to a stop and gave a light nod alongside reply.

“Yes, sir.”

“Good. Let me have it.” I requested and within a blink of an eye, she had rushed to me and only left after handing the papers over to me.

Unfolding the papers, I read the tabloid. In a bit of a second, my brows narrowed as I felt the anger surge through my entire body. In a rush, I folded the papers into two and quickly stormed my way up the stairs and towards Harieth's room. I placed the first knock in a hurry and loud enough to her hearing but got no reply, I placed another knock but this time louder and nonstop. Still, I got no reply. Impatiently as I was, I took hold of the doorknob and pushed the door open before making my way in.

I stopped for a minute as I sight her turning on the bed, still asleep. Is she deaf? How is it possible she didn’t hear my knocks? Without wasting a second more, I hastened my pace towards her and once beside her bed, I threw the newspaper at her causing her to flinch a bit. Her brows narrowed as her face squeezed in disapproval whilst her eyes slowly fluttered itself open.

Harieth

At first, it seemed like a dream but the force of its impact seemed so real that I had to open my eyes and be sure about what exactly all this meant. As I opened my eyes, the first I see is Christian’s vexed face.

Vexed?

I look down at my body to find out the newspapers was the impact I had felt. I look back up to Christian and the look on his face, in his eyes tells me he had something to do with what just happened.

“Did you throw this at me?” I questioned as I picked up the newspaper and looked up to him. I took a look around.

“Did you let yourself into my room?”

“Stop asking irrelevant questions and read the newspapers.” He ordered in a tone that aggravated my annoyance with him which eventually led to the narrowing of my brows.

“You can’t use such tones on me…”

“Read the damn newspapers Harieth!” He ordered in a slightly higher voice and I’m forced to stare at him, a little surprised by his strange behaviour. It was no new news that Christian wasn’t a fan of mine but he always kept his cool which I usually found a little charming about him and now, he was acting differently.

Regardless of it all, I sat up, brushed my hair back with my fingers before properly straightening the newspapers to read.

HARRIETH GRYFFIN’S POSSIBLE DECEPTION

I read the tabloid and my eyes widened a little at my name being the topic of the sensational news. Normally, I would be happy but this has something to do with me being deceptive. I continued by reading through the article and with each word, I could see my world crumbling down. The names of the men I had dated intercepted its way through the article, each sentence making me out to be some sort of social slut. Eventually, I look away from the paper and elsewhere for a moment before attempting to meet Christian’s face. Looking at him, I understood his reasons for feeling the way he felt presently but still, I wasn’t going to let him scold me or act the way he earlier did.