Chapter 16

"Peter, you need to get some sleep. I know it's hard with everything going on, but you look like crap," Jessie said as he tried to reason with his friend. Peter just smiled at Jessie in return.

"I'm fine Jessie. You don't need to worry about me. You have about twenty other interns you need to focus on." Jessie just shook his head and sat in the chair next to Peters.

"Fine, I'll stop bothering you. But you have to promise me you'll get some good sleep tonight. Longer than three hours." Peter sighed again but nodded his head. He probably wasn't going to anyways and Jessie knew that. Jessie looked at Peter for a few more minutes before letting out another sigh and standing up. Peter got back to work and finished what he needed to do. When that was done, he went upstairs to his room and changed into his suit. He was about to leave when there was a knock on the door. He told whoever it was to come in as he sat on his bed. Tony walked in with a concerned look.

"You going out on patrol?" Peter nodded his head and Tony sighed. "You haven't even had dinner yet."

"I'll get a sandwich when I get a break. I need to go on patrol." Tony shook his head and stared at Peter.

"This isn't good for you Peter. You need to eat an actual meal and get some good sleep. You've slept for about ten hours this whole week. That's not healthy." Peter just rolled his eyes before putting his mask on.

"Can I go now Mr.Stark?" Peter saw how Tony winced when he called him that. Tony nodded his head and walked out of the room as Peter swing out the window. As soon as he left, Peter felt guilt fill him. Tony and Jessie were just trying to help. He shook the thoughts out of his head and focused on patrol.
—time skip—
Peter realized that he really needed to get some sleep about three hours into patrol. His fighting began to get sloppy and his senses weren't alerting him as quickly as they usually would. He was about to head home when Karen spoke in a hurried tone.

"I hate to make you do this, but there's a robbery down the street and they have weapons that aren't your normal weapons. Maybe we should call Tony."

"No, don't call him. I can handle this." Karen doesn't reply and Peter makes his way to the bank being robbed. He almost got all the robbers webbed up, but then he was shot with something. He screamed in pain. He's never felt anything like this before. He fell to the ground as he continued to scream. He watched as the guy who shot him tried to run, but the police grabbed him.

"Tony has been notified and is on his way now. Sorry for not asking you Peter, but you would've said no." Peter chuckled softly but then he's screaming again. People try to touch him to help, but it just makes it worse. A few minutes later, Peter hears the Ironman thrusters and then Tony is next to him.

"Fri, what's wrong with the kid?"

"I don't know sir. I've never heard of anything like this." Tony curses under his breath. If Peter wasn't in so much pain, he would've scolded him for his language.

"You're alright underoos. You're gonna be okay." Something in Peter told him he was not going to be okay. He tried to pull off his mask, but it hurt to move his arms. Tony noticed and told the people around them to turn away before taking off his mask. Peter let out a sob as he looked into Tony's eyes in fear.

"Dad, it hurts. I'm scared." Peter watched a tear fall down Tony's face and a painful smile appeared.

"You're gonna be fine Pete. I'm promise. We gotta get you home to Bruce. He can fix you. You need to rest now Peter." Peter nodded and he barely closed his eyes before he passed out. Tony picked up his kid and quickly made his way to the tower. Why does his kid always get hurt?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I might end this story soon because I don't know what else to do with it. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace