TWENTY TWO|LUNCH TIME

RON

        "Yo, bro I'm about to head out for lunch you want anything?" Ron asked coming from the office.

It was going on noon, and after skipping breakfast Ron's stomach was damn near in his back.

He was done with training for the day, so his next four hours at work would just be desk work or helping on the floor. He was especially relieved that he was through with Kiya's session, as training with her was the one thing he couldn't stand while at work. To his surprise she showed to every appointment she set for the past two weeks, and spent her time mostly throwing advances at Ron in which he dodged every one without effort. He wasn't like the average man who thought with his dick, besides Marley kept him very happy in the bedroom, so he definitely wouldn't look anywhere else for that. She damn near had a higher sex drive than him, and sometimes he had to be the one to fake a headache just to get some rest. The only thing that would get to Ron was history, because at one point he actually did have feelings for Kiya. However fate, just hadn't worked out in their favor.

"Naw I'm cool" Nico told him, as he stood behind the front desk.

"Alright, tell dad I be back in thirty"

He grabbed his phone from the desk, next his jacket, leaving behind his keys as the spot he wanted to go to was only up the block. As he walked out of the gym, Kiya spotted him while she was on the way to her car. She quickly picked up her pace in efforts to catch him.

"Hey" she said, her steps aligning with his.
Ron took his eyes off his phone, only to put them right back on the screen.

"Hey" he said in a low tone.

"You're going to Quality taste aren't you?" She smiled, remembering his favorite Jamaican restaurant on the corner, "Mind if I tag along, you really kilt me back there"

Ron shrugged, "You can go wherever you please"

"Okay..." she said awkwardly, pulling her fur hood over her head as snow began to trickle out of the sky.

The two walked the rest of the way in the silence, and Ron couldn't help but be annoyed in her presence. While she was definitely sexy and any nigga would be hype to be in her presence, he knew the real her. When they finally arrived to the take out restaurant, Ron took his spot in line and Kiya did the same.

"Up next!" The cashier shouted, her pen eager to start writing.

"Uh yeah, let me get a medium jerk chicken, spicy, with cabbage, mac, and yams. And let me get another medium, the same thing but with Oxtails" he ordered.

"Aw, you did't have to" Kiya smirked, assuming it was for her.

"I didn't" Ron chuckled harshly, "It's for my girl"

"Oh...awkward" Kiya laughed uneasily, moving towards the front of the line, "Yeah...can I just get a beef patty and a lemonade"

The cashier nodded, and Ron took a seat at a booth and began to scroll through his phone. Once his order was called, he paid and received his bag, next taking his seat again. He liked to eat at the small booths at the restaurant instead of at the gym, which smelled of nothing but sweat. Kiya took a seat across from him, watching as he handsomely picked at his food.

"Its rude to stare" he said, looking up from his food.

"Sorry, but you're just...so different" she said looking over him.

"Not as easily tempted?" He smirked in a smug manner.

"Yeah, exactly" she chuckled, "Look Ron, I know I've been acting ..... thirsty for the past two weeks. I just, miss you and thats honestly why I came back around"