Chapter I

December 24, 2020

December 24, 2020

It's almost Christmas Eve and I was currently lost. I held the box of pizza, that was freshly baked right from the stone oven from my favorite place—the Don Waldo, on my right hand while on the other hand, I balanced my phone and coffee. That's what you called talent. The newly released application that my sister had been working on was a pain in the ass. It said in this navigation app called Navee that I already arrived in my destination where I and my sister suppose to celebrate Christmas, but I was surrounded by snow and trees.

I immediately texted my sister but for some reason, it couldn't send even though the signal bar was on it's highest peak.

"Fucking app," I muttered as I rate the Navee one-star tapping hardly on my phone. Sorry, not sorry, sis. I then decided to retrace my footsteps but the thing was, my footprints on the snow were all gone when I turned around that left me gaping.

I tried to think positively and breath evenly. I was sure that it didn't snow to cover my footsteps but how in the world they were gone, vanished into nothingness.

My heart was beating fast. Thanks to the coffee I had for the third time since this morning my heart felt like it was trying to escape from my ribcage.

This was definitely bad.

I turned and turned and saw something over the orange sky with a few hours away before the light will be gone. In the distance, I saw smoke which means there's someone out there who could help me.

Let's just hope that it was my sister and not some psychotic person. As I close my distance towards the smoke I could hear muffle of voices. Quite many. I think they were shouting in a victorious kind of way. Celebrating perhaps. Who knows what would I see over there. A cult? My weird sister and our weirder friends?

Which of them is worse?

The snow wasn't that deep that I did not have a hard time skirting around the trees and bushes.

"Fuck!" I jumped out of my skin that almost caused me slipping back when an envelope fell from the sky and stopped mid-air in front of me. Feather shape was pressed on the red wax that sealed the black envelope with a gold line on it.

My finger just brushed the enveloped and it immediately opened in a very magical way when I tried to hold it. I waited for something like background music but nothing came.

Disheartened I read the paper.

Welcome to Serenity my humble visitor, Allison Scarlett Lewis. You have been chosen to live in this world for a year. You are to choose freely whatever you want to be, in exchange for living in Serenity. You are given the traits of your character 'Anon', so that you will not have a hard time adjusting to your new environment, but I hardly doubt that. Pretend you're in a game and have fun. Enjoy your stay.

_______________________

Hello readers, did you like the first chapter?

This story will update once to trice a week depending on how my imagination and vocabulary takes me.

I apologize for the misspelled words and grammar error. English is not my first language.

The photos not mine credits to the owner