Chapter IX

"The damsel in the stress just collapsed from exerting too much mana and in need of a bed to rest. I can't order one of my men to get out of the bed that is why I carried her to my tent." The king spoked behind us. I straightened up afraid of becoming a human torch any moment now. Perhaps I would say "Flame on" if he set me on fire.

"I don't think it's necessary for you to tell about why you place the Mappy girl in your tent," I said. "Don't be so defensive, your majesty." Fuck. I can't keep my mouth shut.

The king glares down at me. "The Mappy girl has a name and you will address her as Lady Maribel."

What a scary fella. Why is he so worked up with just a name?

"What are you two doing here?" The king asked as he glances over to the captain.

"Allison wanted to tell you something," Reed said looking at me with a smile. I looked back at Reed and mouthed 'fuck you'. He smiled wider exposing his white perfect teeth. "There's no thanking me dear. Go on, don't be shy. His Majesty won't bite you."

I knew that he clearly understood the vulgar word I mouthed.

"Of course," I said through my forced smile and turned my head towards the handsome king. I elbowed the side of Reed who made an 'oof' sound before I took a step forward. "I was wondering if you want to make a negotiation with me."

I could sense the two men behind me tensed. The young king frowned at me and said, "What do you think that I'll agree to you?"

Looking over my shoulder where the wounded soldiers were and I said, "I think you need my help." I turned my head back to the king. "I'm a healer also, you see. And Hulk is the witness."

Without breaking our stare he asked, "What do you want?"

"I'm a simple girl with a simple wish, my king. You need my magic, I need yours."

His face hardens. "Spill it already."

"I want you to—not burn—heat the liquid inside of this cup," I raised the coffee I was holding, "without setting it on fire and in exchange, I'll heal all your men."

He stared at me with a baffled look. "You want me to warm me the cold liquid inside of that?" He asked as it was the stupidest thing that a person wanted him to do. I couldn't blame him, he's a king and a powerful fire magician.

I shook my head. "No. Not warm. Make it hot and that's it. Easy and simple."

My stomach made a double, triple flips when he smirked. "You know you're doing me a favor."

Oh my king~ you are the one who's doing me a favor.

I gave him a shrug and ignored the flipped on my stomach.