The Trickster's Throne

My muscles clenched as I tried to pull back against Loki's tug, but his grip was too firm and I'd been caught off guard. I lost my balance, falling into him with a surprised yelp as he quickly maneuvered me. I landed sideways in the space between Loki's legs with one of his arms wrapped around my back and my legs dangling over his other knee. "Loki!"

He chuckled, tilting his head to the side to face me a bit more, "Yes, darling?"

Still surprised by my sudden fall, I stared at Loki, who was still leaning his chin on his propped- up fist, looking rather comfortable and pleased with himself. His amorous eyes were watching me with a smug humor as he smirked at me, clearly amused by how stunned I was. I could feel my entire body tense up even as my heart started fluttering, my eyes widening as I stiffened under that sultry, smug look of his.

Breaking from my momentary trance, I pushed against his chest, starting to try to struggle out of his grip and to stand up again, my mind going into a flustered overload. What had gotten into him? Why was he looking at me like that? Cheeky trickster! Oh gosh, I'm sitting in his lap! This is way too intimate! He is looking far too pleased! Gosh, my face is burning! I ducked my face down even as I felt Loki's hand grip my side firmer, his other hand moving from his chin to rest upon my knees, holding me in place as I tried to wriggle away from him.

"Let me go!" I gasped, nonplussed as Loki pulled me closer to himself.

"Why?" Loki faked a clueless expression, as if he didn't know exactly why I was a shy, flustered mess sitting in his lap. The expression was ruined, of course by his teasing, self-satisfied grin, "There's plenty of room here for the both of us."

"That's not the problem here!" Why did it seem that the more I tried to twist and wiggle out of his grasp, the closer he held me to himself? My eyes shot down to Loki's hand on my thigh. It was such an unfamiliar feeling to have his hand there, squeezing it just a bit as he tried to keep me from shifting and removing myself from my position on his lap. The pressure of it made my fluttering heart race.

Loki's hand left my thigh, raising up so his elegant fingers caressed my chin, tilting my face towards his so I could see his smirk, his thumb running over my bottom lip, "I see no problem. All I see is the love of my life looking beautifully flushed and rather flustered as I hold her in my arms." His beguiling words and the sultry look in his eye had seemed to draw me back into his irresistible trance. My body ceased to struggle against him even as my heartbeat quickened, my whole self completely seeming to halt under his gentle, loving touch on my lips. Once I'd stopped trying to escape him, Loki allowed himself to look me over slowly, his lips curling higher into an even more pleased smile before locking eyes with me, drawing my face closer to his as he rumbled, "I also can't help but notice how positively ravishing you look in this color."

"Th-thank you." I could feel my nervous need to babble rising up my throat as I watched Loki's eyes wander up and down my figure, so I cut myself off short after thanking him, actually biting my lower lip to silence myself. I could feel my breathing quicken under his intense inspection, feeling even more self-conscious about being in his lap and the fact that his hand had returned to the top of my thigh, running lightly up and down its length.

Was it just my imagination or were his eyes seeming to grow a bit darker, his pupils growing? How could he stare at me like that, so intensely and confidently, that emerald fire burning behind them? I could stare at those eyes forever just trying to understand the emotions residing there. I could barely understand the look of satisfaction and adoration and... desire held in that gaze. Desire... I still barely understood it myself, but I could not deny that the more time I spent with him, the more that feeling grew in my own heart. Even the thought of such emotions embarrassed me and maybe even frightened me a bit, and yet... I wanted to explore it. Explore it with him...