6

A/N: I'm sorry (in advance) 😭

A couple of days later, Shivaay brought Anika to the hospital for her routine check up. They were heading towards the parking lot, ready to leave, when Shivaay gets a call.

Shivaay: Anika tum gaadi ke paas wait karo, main abhi aaya.

He picks up the call and was talking on the phone. What he doesn't see is a car speeding towards him. Anika sees it and pushes him away but collides with the car instead.

Shivaay: ANIKA!

Shivaay shrieks as a pool of blood begins forming under Anika. A crowd gathers around them.

Shivaay: Anika... Anika aankhein khuli rakhna, okay? *shouts* Arey koi doctor ko bulao!

Shivaay, without wasting another second, carries her to ER of the hospital.

Shivaay: *screaming* Doctor!

Nurse: Sir...

Shivaay: Meri biwi ka accident ho gaya hain. Kh...khoon bhi bahot beh raha hain. Please, please save her!

The nurse acts quickly and gets Anika on a stretcher and sends her off to the OT.

Nurse: Sir aap please unki details counter par jaa ke fill kar dijiye. Doctors aa rahe hain.

She guides him to the counter where Shivaay hurriedly filled in the form and dart straight to the OT. The OT light hadn't been switched on yet. A doctor and a nurse were outside.

Shivaay: Doctor, Meri biwi... use abhi admit kiya hain, a..accident case...

Doctor: Unka examination chal raha hain and uske turant baad hum procedure start karenge. Excuse me.

The doctor went inside.

Nurse: Sir please baith jaaiye.

Shivaay sat on the chair, hands folded. Not long after, his phone rang. He checked the caller ID and it was Priyanka. He answered the call.

Shivaay: Hello..?

Priyanka: Bhaiya aap kahaan hain? Sab theek hain na..?

Shivaay: Prinku, main ho...hospital main hoon.

Priyanka: Haan, mujhe yaad hain, aap bhabhi ke saath Gaye the. Likin kaafi der ho gayi hain, waiting zyaada hain kya?

Shivaay: *shaky voice* Hospital ke bahaar An...anika ka... accident ho gaya tha.

Prinku: Kya?!

Shivaay: Abhi OT main le gaye hain.

Prinku: Bhaiya mein Om bhaiya aur Ru bhaiya ke saath abhi pahonchti hoon. Aap chinta mat kijiye, bhabhi ko kuch nahi hoga.

Priyanka hangs up the call and informed OmRu. They quickly headed towards the hospital, deciding to tell the family members only when they get know the couple's condition.

They reach the hospital and head towards the emergency department OT. They spot Shivaay sitting outside the OT, head buried in his arms. Om walked up to him and kneeled to his level.

Om: Shivaay?

Shivaay: Om...

Om immediately hugged Shivaay, who was shaking in his embrace. He rubbed the latter's back in an attempt to calm him down.

Om: Shivaay chinta mat kar, bhabhi bilkul theek ho jaayengi.

Shivaay: *sobs* It's my fault Om. Woh car meri taraf aa rahi, Anika ki taraf nahi. Accident mera hona tha, Anika ka nahi. Andar mujhe hona chahiye tha, Anika ko nahi!

Om: Shivaay main jaanta hoon tum par kya beet rahi hain likin isme tumhari galti nahi hain. Please apne aap ko blame mat kar. Tujhe strong rehna hoga, bhabhi ke liye.

Shivaay breaks the hug and takes a deep breath. The younger two gave him a hug, reassuring him that everything will be fine.

After a couple of hours, the OT lights turned off. Seeing that, the siblings got up from their respective spots.

A nurse comes out of the OT.

Nurse: Mr Oberoi..?

Shivaay: Yes.  Meri wife kaisi hain?

Nurse: Aapki wife out of danger hain magar... unhone apna baccha kho diya hain.