14.

Shivaay made his way downstairs along with Anika. Anika was in her own trance so he had a hand hovering over her shoulder to guide her. The senior Oberois and Tia were downstairs, waiting for the youngers. Once ShivIka came into view, Shakti opened his mouth to ask a question but stopped when Om, who was two steps behind ShivIka, kept a finger over his lips and shook his head. Shakti understood and stepped back, signing the other to move away as well.

Without a word, Shivaay took Anika straight to their room. Inside, her made her sit on the bed. Rudra brought him a glass of juice which he fed to Anika, the latter silently drinking it. After that, he got Anika's medicines and a glass of water.

Shivaay: Dawaai.

Anika took them from his hands and swallowed them with the water. Shivaay took the empty glass from her. He stood beside her for a while before he saw her eyelids getting heaving. The sleeping pill was more effective than he expected. He positioned her properly on the bed and pulled the comforter over her. After Anika was tucked into bed, Shivaay let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. He tried to take a deep breath but all he could draw was shallow, wheezy breaths. He kept on trying to control his breathing but to no avail. He rubbed his chest, occasionally gripping his shirt. He stumbled backwards and fell on the couch when his foot hit the leg. With a shaky hand, he unbuttoned top two buttons of his shirt and his waistcoat. He retried to breathe slowly and after a few, but very long minutes, his ragged breathing became more regular. He pulled his legs up and hugged his knees to his chest.

Shivaay: *to himself* It's okay Shivaay, it's okay. Don't panic, everything is fine. *looks towards Anika* Anika ko kuch nahi hua, woh theek hain. She's fine. You're fine too. Tum theek ho Shivaay. Sab theek hain. Just calm down.

Shivaay stretched his feet out and leaned back on the couch. Once his breathing went back to normal, he glanced at Anika, who was sound-asleep under the effect of the sleeping pill. Soon after, his eyelids got heavy and he passed out on the couch, drained from the physical, mental and emotional exhaustion.

Orange rays of the sun hit Shivaay's eyes, stirring him awake. He squinted his eyes and looked towards the window then glanced at the clock. 6pm. The...incident took place at noon. He was out for the whole afternoon. He got up and stretched, back and shoulders cracking due to sleeping on the couch. Anika was still asleep, he estimated her to be for another hour or two more. He decided to take a hot shower to clear his mind and soothe his muscles. After taking a shower, he changed into his nightwear and asked a staff member to get his and Anika's dinner to their room. He wasn't ready to leave his room, to face anyone else, not yet. He sat on the bed beside Anika, stroking her hair gently. After a few moments, Anika's eyes fluttered open but she stared coughing as soon as she woke up. Shivaay made her sit up and made her drink water. After drinking the water, Anika looked towards Shivaay and they made a brief eye-contact. Shivaay looked away and stood up.

Shivaay: *looking here and there* Maine khaana room mein mangwa diya hain. Khaa lena, tumne bahot der se kuch nahi khaya hain.

Remembering everything she said, Anika mentally slapped herself many times. She hurt Shivaay so much. Yes, she was hurt. But he was hurting as well and she rubbed salt on his wounds. She didn't know how to apologise. Hell, she didn't even know where to start! But she had to say it and say it now.

Anika: Shivaay, main aapse kuch kehna chahti hoon.

Shivaay briefly looked at her before going towards the dressing table.

Shivaay: Anika, baad mein baat karenge.

Anika sprang up from the bed, stood in front of Shivaay and held his hands. Tears had welled-up in her eyes

Anika: Shivaay, mujhe maaf kar dijiye. Aapko jo saza deni hain, dijiye likin mujhse baat karna mat chhodiye. *hits her head* Mera dimaag kharaab ho gaya tha, paagal ho gayi thi main. Gusse mein aapko kya kuch nahi bol diya likin Shivaay, aapki koi galti nahi. Galti saari meri hain.

Anika dropped to her knees and joined her hands, startling Shivaay.

Shivaay: Anika, what is this? Get up.

Anika: Shivaay, maine aapke saath bilkul theek nahi kya. Mujhe please maaf kar dijiye. Mujhe saja dijiye. Likin mujhse nafrat mat kijiye. *holds Shivaay's legs* Shivaay, please mujhe maaf kar dijiye.

Shivaay: Anika! *pulls Anika up* Anika, utho.

Shivaay pulls her to feet makes her sit on the bed and sits beside her.

Shivaay: Anika, main tumse nafrat nahi karta. Tumne jo kuch kaha, jhooth bhi nahi tha. Aur maafi mujhse nahi, khudse maango. Uss kadam le liye jo tum uthane wali thi. *upset* Anika, tum apni jaan dene jaa rahi thi! Kya soch ke kiya tumne waisa? Ek baar bhi Prinku, OmRu, Sahil ya mere baare mein nahi socha. Anika, jo tumne mujhe kaha, uska mujhe itna bura nahi laga kyoonki, kaheen na kaheen, baat sach thi. Likin jab maine... tumhe uss haalat mein dekha; us ek pal hazaar baar meri jaan chali gayi.

Anika: Shivaay...

Shivaay: Anika, main jaanta hoon... nahi, actually main nahi jaanta tum kitne dard mein ho. Likin tum mujhe bataaogi nahi toh mujhe kaise pata chalega? Anika, please, mujhse baat karna, na samjhoon toh samjhaana, mujhpar paani phainkna, mujhe paani mein phaink dena likin... mujhe chhod ke kabhi mat jaana.

Anika had tears in her eyes, she gulped and just nodded. Shivaay, too, had tears in his eyes.

Shivaay: Pr...promise? *holds up his little finger* Pink...pinky promise?

Anika: *ties her little finger with his* Pinky promise.

Shivaay hugged Anika, not exchanging any more words. A staff member brought their dinner. Shivaay fed the first few morsels to Anika before she started to eat on her own. Anika did the same for him. After eating, they kept the dishes away and laid back on bed. Shivaay wrapped his arms securely around Anika's shoulder while she leaned her head onto his shoulder. Without them realising, sleep over took them once again.