15-Attacks

Jade's POV

I had just finished explaining everything that happened to the cops.

Everyone was outside the mansion in confusion on what just happened.

I managed to shoot the guy in the other leg and the cops come by quickly.

This is the second attack on Jax in a month and then there was the sniper at the coffee shop.

I told the cops about the other attacks.

The man apparently had a criminal record and he refused to say if he was hired by somebody or not.

Jax cannot deny that someone is trying to get him killed.

One time is chance. The second is coincidence. But a third time is a pattern.

I doubt the cops will be able to establish a connection between all the attacks.

The first was a sniper.

Then poison.

Then a hand gun.

I'm really worried about Jax.

And this time they were after his family and-

Jessica.

She wasn't at the table when the attack happened.

I could have seen when and where she left if carter hadn't distracted me.

She wasn't at the table when I took a break so she should have been gone for at least ten minutes.

And I still don't see her anywhere around.

Why does she always disappear when Jax is in danger. She should always be there.

There's no way she can be behind the attacks. She's been with Jax for a long time why would she start attacking him now.

It couldn't be because of me. She didn't know I was in town at the time.

No. It couldn't have been her.

It doesn't add up.

She has no motive.

They're not married so nothing would go to her.

I looked around for Jessica. I saw her in the crowd rushing towards Jax.

She had a very worried expression on her face as she rushed up and hugged him.

I sighed and relaxed myself.

It's not her.

Then who would attack the Baden family and for what reason?

I saw Jax walk up to me.

"Second time you've saved me." He smiled. "And this time you saved my family."

"I just gave you a warning." I smiled back.

"But you also caught the man after me. My family is very thankful."

"I was just doing my job." I smiled widely.

He smiled back and wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

I took a moment to comprehend what he was doing but I did hug him back.

The hug lasted a little longer than I expected so I loosened my grip on him.

After that he let me go.

He smiled and walked back to his family.

He didn't say anything about that extra long hug.

I guess it was nothing.