five

Please Vote and/ or Comment

"Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

- L. Frank Baum

Chapter Five.

Bane grabbed my hand and led me to his car. It was when we reached the pack house that it occurred to me that I had no idea what to do. I had never been shopping other than for food. I'm completely out of my element here. I was internally wishing that Bane would know what to do. [However, wishing proved to be useless, since] Bane was as confused about shopping as I was.

Clearly seeing how lost we were, a female assistant approached us, her tone was eager to help and I was happy that at least we had someone that knew what she was doing.

"Welcome to Y&I clothing boutique, how may I help you?" She asked in a friendly tone, while eyeing up Bane with interest, which made me feel uncomfortable because even if I hadn't known him for long I consider him a brother.

"Um.... I need some clothes for my friend. Jeans, shirts, skirts, dresses, jackets, shoes, the works." Bane told her "Money isn't a problem." She got very happy at that statement and went to get things for me.

It wasn't long until she returned, with an armful of clothes. My eyes widened when I noticed another girl also with an armful of clothes following her. My grip on Bane's hand tightened when they came up at once, feeling uncomfortable around the two strangers.

"Its okay Kaily, you'll be fine." Bane muttered to me, as the girls led me into the fitting room. They organized the clothes into outfits and told me to come out and show it to them.

My first outfit was a white tee-shirt with a grey scarf, jeans with some rips on one side, a brown leather purse, sunglasses, hoop earrings, and leather sandals. I stepped out of the fitting room, then the ladies gave me a thumbs up and I smiled at the easy acceptance I got from them.

We did this again with every outfit, they hardly ever rejected any of them, and before I knew it, we were making our way out of the store. "Thank you, please come again!" The assistant told us, happy at the sale she made.

After we left the clothing boutique, we went to get school supplies for me, we also went to the office depot and the apple store where I got a new phone, computer, IPod, and new things for my desk. The only thing I hated about it was that Bane wouldn't let me buy anything on my own.

"Hey, you hungry?" Bane asked turning his head towards me while we walked around the mall. I shook my head, not feeling hungry, I had a slice of toast on the train with some water.

He frowned. "I didn't want to say this, but you're way too thin. I wanted our Pack doctor to look at you, but I thought shopping would relax you and stuff because you know....... You're a girl." He ended lamely. I couldn't help, but laugh at the sheepish expression he kept sending my way

Bane grabbed my hand and brought me to the food court. After looking around he led me to a Subway stand.

We returned to the Pack house not long after eating, and I had never felt so stuffed in my life. I was must have fallen asleep sometime during the ride home because I woke up in my room. I still couldn't believe that I had my own room. Sighing, I cuddled up into my bed, loving the soft feathery feel of it.

As I laid there, a million thoughts raced through my mind. What was my old pack doing? Did they even know I was missing? Does Leo miss me? Do my brothers miss me? And these questions led to more questions. How will they survive without me? I did all of the taxes and bills, laundry, cooking, cleaning, homework, and every other domestic job in that Pack. How will they survive without me?