seven

Please vote and/or comment for the next chapter

We are not given a

Good life or a Bad Life.

We are given a life.

It's up to us to make

It good or bad

Chapter Seven.

Ten Days Later.

I watched as they laughed and joked around with each other, poking and taunting each other. Reminiscing old times. Why did this image bring me so much..... Happiness? Was it because I was a part of this? Well, I was cooking but it was because I wanted to.

"Hey, Kaily you know you don't have to cook you know?" Ryan asked sitting on the counter next to me. "Like Bryan said you aren't a burden". I smiled at him somewhat shyly, I was still getting used to them.

"I know, but I love cooking so let me cook" I told him gently yet firmly. Smiling at me a lazy look in his eyes.

"So, what are you making?" He asks looking over my shoulder.

"Oven roasted tandoori chicken" I told him. My former pack loved spicy food with meat.

"Wow, never mind you can cook whenever you want!" He exclaimed looking longingly at the chicken in the oven. I chuckled slightly, which made him look at me in shock and surprise. A smile grew on his face "I'll leave you to the cooking, I better go check on the twins before they end up destroying something" he said rolling his eyes. I smiled slightly maybe I will grow to love this place as my new home.

Home was a strange concept for me even though I've lived in one my whole life. No that place was never our home my wolf told me Home is where you can be you without fear. Pain. Sadness. Emptiness. And that is all we got at the place. It was never Home it was our prison and our jailors were our supposed family members. Even if their wolfs never did want to hurt us, they never stopped their human side from hurting us. She quipped at me.

Your right I said back to her. They were never our family. Grinning I went back to work enjoying the laughter flowing in to the kitchen from the dining room. Here in my home I feel like I belong.

Putting on some oven mitts I pulled out the chicken goody-ness and walked out into the dining room smiling at the confusing yet amusing scene in front of me.

Ryder was lying across 4 chairs looking half asleep, a kitten curled up in his lap. Cane and Camden were balancing on their heads sticking their tongues out. Ryan staring at them with a smile on his face and trying to get them back onto their feet. Bane and Bryan were running around trying to catch a small black, white, and grey Siberian husky, speaking to it like it was a small child.

"Umm.... Guys, what are all of you doing?" I asked warily. Everyone paused to look at me, the poor puppy ran into wall.

Ryder's eyes popped open and rolled to meet mine. "Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum over their" He said pointing a t Cane and Camden "Thought it would be an amazing idea to get you a puppy as a welcome home pet, and got carried away and got this kitten too". He said pointing at the still sleeping kitten.

The Twins bowed mockingly "Yes. You can always take more than nothing" the said in unison.

"That's the Mad Hatters line dimwits" Bryan told them exasperatedly. They just rolled their eyes in annoyance.

"Umm... Can we talk about the pets?" I asked hastily trying to get them back on track.

"Well, we knew you were really worried about staying here and everything so we thought that if we got you pets you'd feel more at home" Bane answered before the twins could get a word in.