Chapter 44

Chapter 44: (Mia's POV)

"What makes you think that I'm just gonna let you get away after that?" he got on the bed and hovered over me, pinning my hands on either side of my head. To be honest, I did it because I knew he wouldn't let me get away after that. "Couldn't tell ya." I shrugged while a small smile played at my lips. "You know it's not fair. You can't just do something like that and then not let me kiss you." he complained.

"Well, you can't kiss me if you broke up with me." I took it upon myself to remind him every given opportunity. "What if I tell you I want you back? Again?" he mumbled the last part.

"Then I'd say no because that'd just be too damn easy." I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Would it now?" he smirked as he leaned in a little. I knew he wasn't gonna kiss me because I had very clearly told him I didn't want him to. So I just did what he did a few moments ago. I bit his lower lip, except unlike me, he didn't pull away immediately. After a couple seconds when he did, all he did was smile. "At least there was some kind of contact between our lips." he shrugged. "Now is that how bad you want to kiss me?" I taunted him. I'm not gonna lie, it was fun teasing him and dangling a prize in his face that he's so close to winning yet so freaking far. But I didn't want to do it anymore. I just knew I had to because if I don't, he won't learn how to keep me or understand that I won't always just cave in and take him back.

My phone rang from the nightstand on my side of the bed, and just my luck, I was lying on Ryder's. "Will you at least see who it is?" I asked pleadingly, making him place my arms over my head, both my hands held in his one while he used his other hand to grab my phone.

"It's your dad." he said before he answered the call and put it on speaker, placing it beside my head while holding my hands pinned down above my head. "Hello?" I asked out loud.

"Hey kiddo. How's everything going at home?" my dad asked through the phone.

"Everything's going great, dad. I-" I was about to tell him how I still wasn't sure as to when they were coming back, but I cut myself off with a gasp when I felt Ryder's lips on my neck. "Everything alright?" my dad asked, sounding concerned over the phone.

"Y-yeah. Everything's fine I just- I wanted to ask when you'll be getting h-home?" I asked while stuttering, squirming under Ryder while struggling to get my hands out of his grip. "Mia, you're stuttering a lot. Are you sure you're ok?" my dad questioned suspiciously, while I felt Ryder smirk against my skin. "Yeah. I'm ok." I replied shortly and quickly, trying to hide my stutter and heavy breathing. "Are you with Ryder?" my dad asked knowingly.

"N-no. Things between us aren't exactly going w-well." I lied about him not being here but that last part was true. "Robert hurry! The patient is waiting." I heard my mom call my dad over.

"I'll call you back later, kiddo. Bye." my dad said.

"B-bye dad. Love you." I said before he hung up, making me let out a sigh of relief. Thank the fucking lord. "What the hell is wrong with- ow! That just hurt!" I winced as he continued to presumably give me hickies. "Sorry." he mumbled against my neck. This is gonna get out of hand if I don't make him stop. "Ryder, stop. This is gonna get out of hand." I warned him.

"I don't care." he kissed my jaw. Oh my god, the lengths this guy has the nerve to go to.

"Ry, I swear to god I will slap you." I said as he stopped kissing my neck and met my eyes. "Sweetheart, you already could have." he said, making me look up at my hands to see them free. The games he plays. "Me not realizing that is even worse than you giving me hickies." I groaned and muttered but he definitely heard. "Is it now?" he smirked before leaning back down and giving me neck kisses. And what's worse, is that I didn't move my hands. Whatsoever. He reached his hand to my waist from under my shirt before pinching me softly. I squealed as I finally grabbed his shirt, pulling him up to meet my eyes.

"My turn." I said as I flipped us over and straddled him again. "Hmm, you were saying?" I asked cockily before leaning in to kiss him, but pulling away when he leaned in. "That your hickies are gonna be even harder to cover up than last time. Like you did that right." he scoffed.

"Last time we were swimming in the ocean." I raised my eyebrow daringly before I left him a few hickies. Now I don't exactly have the strength to pin his arms down so I just held his hand, intertwining our fingers, placing them on either side of his head. "I'm not evil like you, so I'll make life easier for you and stop now." I said before getting off of him once the hickies were prominent and lying down on my side of the bed, putting my phone away.

"I swear to god, if I don't kiss you right now, I'll go insane like you." he shook his head.

"So you like your girls insane?" I nodded sarcastically.

"No. I just like you insane." he smirked before showing me a boyish grin.

"That's a new one." I rolled my eyes, facing my back towards him, pretending to about to go to sleep. "It's also a true one." he whispered in my ear, his lips brushing against it, giving me chills. "I really should stay away from you shouldn't I? From the reason that you gave, shouldn't you stay away from me too?" I questioned curiously.

"I can't. I wish I could, I'd be making it easier for myself, but I can't." he shook his head.

"It was a pathetic reason and you know it." I scoffed before closing my eyes, trying to sleep and ignore the effect that solely his presence has on me. "It was." he admitted. At least he can admit it. "And now, I have to give Jeremy a shot." I hinted him as I felt him sit up against the headboard. "Wait, what do you mean give him a shot? Are you gonna go out with him?" he asked me in pure shock and confusion. "I have to, Ry." Lie. "He asked me and it's not fair if I just shut him down because you don't like him." I shrugged as I fought back a smile.

It was working. He was getting jealous. That probably means I won't have to pretend for too long since he's getting jealous before I actually even pretend. "You don't really want to go out with Jeremy, babe do you?" he asked cockily, making me sit up next to him against the headboard. Why is he being cocky right now? Oh my god, I got it. He really is trying to seduce and flirt his way in. He really using his fuck-boy tendencies to get me back. He's playing the game he played at 3 years ago at the age of 13. "I think I do. I mean he's really nice and understanding and he really-"I cut myself off with a gasp when he pulled me on top of him. "He really?" he asked me, looking me dead in my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to say the words to his face. I can't praise Jeremy when he hasn't done shit. "He really what?" Ryder asked raising his eyebrows at me.  For fuck's sake, I really need to do this. "He really helps a lot with everything and he's a pretty good kisser." I shrugged, casually throwing that last one in.

"I'm sure I can prove that last one wrong." he smirked as he pulled me in and began leaning in. "Just because you're a better kisser doesn't mean he's not a good kisser." I gave him a pointed look. "So you admit I'm the better kisser?" he teased.

Damn you Ryder.

Thank ya'll for 500+ reads. Means a whole lot. <3 :P