chapter thirteen - shock

He's driving me insane

Whether he knows it or not, he is. The ruffle of his dark hair is being highlighted by the sporadic lights. His outfit clings to his body that I'm mildly obsessed with (a lot obsessed with).

But I can't help looking at him. Not when he's talking and laughing, acting like he's in his element. The fact is, he is. Never one to like a high pressure socializing events, this laid back party is where Theo thrives. Laughing at something Noah is saying, Theo leans over and takes another drink of his beer before beginning to talk to someone else beside him.

The group of guys have stayed by the bar whilst the girls have continued to dance. The beat of the music continues to be erratic and the music only seems to get louder. My chest thrums in time with it and my feet haven't stopped moving since I stepped onto the floor half and hour ago.

Grabbing my hand, Isadora spins herself around before spinning me around too. The room spins around me, the neon colors blurring together into a picture of colorful streaks. A giggle bubbles up inside of me as I spin once more before joining the beat again.

My multiple cocktails seem to be dulling down my usual cover, but I'm sober enough to remain conscious of everything going on around me.

Including Theo.

Maybe it's the three weeks of separation with messages being my only lifeline. Maybe it's the fact that I haven't fallen asleep in Theo's arms for nearly a moth. Or maybe, it's the fact that the only girl I can talk to about this issue is still in America and I'm currently going through my own personal hell without anyone to talk to.

Lots of maybe's though, no definite answers. Other than the fact that I miss Theo so much it hurts, my life seems more unreliable than ever before.

Stopping my doleful thoughts before they can get any further, I spin my thoughts back into the room and pick up my dancing. My body moves as a thin sheet of sweat clings onto my body. My dress is short and more risque than usual, but it's not doing anything to keep me cool in this hot, humid climate.

"Woo, go Alex!" Isadora starts cheering as I dance.

I shoot her a grin and quickly make eye-contact over her shoulder. Meeting Theo's eyes, I wink at him before spinning around.

The dancing lasts for another ten minutes before the ache in my feet makes me call it quits. The rest of the girls seem to join me as I move over to the bar. Situated into two groups, the guys and girls stay separate as we order another round of drinks.

Finding my phone out of my bag that I left with a crew member who wasn't dancing, I open it to find a message.

Theo: I know what game you're playing. You're winning.

Grinning to myself, I quickly text a reply.

Alex: Obviously ;) Not here to loose, Williams.