epilogue - part one

A/N: The song for the chapter is above, I recommend listening to it whilst reading - it goes really well :)

For the first time in my life, elegance had arrived in my body. Gracefulness surrounded me and everything flowed together in harmony, smoothing over any rough fears that I had. Love surrounded me, filled me and embraced everyone around me. Pink flushed my cheeks as I beamed with happiness, the event of the day making my cheeks ache whenever I thought about it.

The door was open in the room, letting in the cool, refreshing breeze billow into the room. It was a welcome relief from the hot stares that were coming from the people around me. People calculating, observing and perfecting what they were doing. My body was encased in silk, the pink fabric wrapped around me as I waited for their analysis to be over.

Joanne stood back with an emotional smile on her face. Her eyes screamed with pride and I found myself fighting with emotions - desperate to keep them at bay despite an army of them parading around my body in a march of celebration. Her smile is constant despite the tears and she squeezes my hand before stepping back, finally allowing me a look in the mirror.

My blond hair is up in an intricate pleated twist but loose strands frame my face in relaxed curls. White flowers are woven into my hair, completing the look with a touch of unexpected originality that always occurs with Joanna. Dewy make-up rests across my face. Hiding flaws without looking plastered on. A nude lip with a red undertone and a slight golden sparkle on my eyelids compliments the look perfectly.

I gasp and grin widely, relieved that my high expectations have been met - not that I had any doubts anyway.

"This is perfect, Joanne," I whisper before breaking eye contact with the mirror to look at Joanne. "Seriously perfect. Thank you so much."

"Don't mention it, was my pleasure." She grins, beginning to pack up her things.

Moving off of the chair, my legs land on the ground as Isadora and Clara walk in, carrying my dress. I grin with knowing and put it on as soon as possible. A flowing textured skirt takes up the most of the dress but delicate, sparkling lace covers my upper body idyllically to the point that I can't choose what part of it is my favorite.