21

"Chu, I don't have anyone to take to the dean," I said with a sigh, feeling the weight of the situation on my shoulders. I had failed a few classes due to my absences, and I knew that I needed to face the music and talk to the dean. But I was at a loss as to who could accompany me to the meeting.

"You have Jennie," Jisoo replied matter-of-factly, over the phone, as I walked down the stairs. I paused in my steps, considering her suggestion. But I couldn't just ask her to come with me to a meeting with the dean. It wasn't her responsibility, and I didn't want her to think that I was taking advantage of our situation.

"No, that can't be...I'll just find another way," I said, dismissing the idea. I looked down at my phone while entering the kitchen and was about to end the call when I heard Jennie's voice infront of me.

"Why do you need to go to the dean?" Jennie asked, surprising me. I thought she had left for work already.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked, startled by her sudden appearance. I put my hand over my chest, trying to steady my heartbeat.

"I cooked breakfast. Now answer my question," Jennie replied, putting a plate of pancakes down on the counter.

I explained my predicament to her, telling her about my failing grades and my need to speak to the dean. I felt embarrassed to admit my shortcomings, but Jennie listened attentively without judgment.

"I'll talk to your dean," Jennie said suddenly, making my eyes widen in surprise.

"You don't need to...People will say that I'm using you for my grades," I said, feeling uncomfortable with the idea.

"Who said I'll do something about your grade? I'll ask him for some ways to fix your grade in an appropriate way," Jennie reassured me. "I'll meet you in the parking lot. I'll drop by your school first," she added before walking out of the kitchen.

As soon as we arrived at the school, the guards escorted us to the dean's office

As soon as we arrived at the school, the guards escorted us to the dean's office. I could feel the stares of the students as we passed by them. It wasn't every day that two people were escorted by the  guards to the dean's office. I tried to ignore their glares and focused on the task at hand.

Once we reached the office, the guards opened the door, and we were ushered in immediately. The dean looked surprised to see us, but he quickly composed himself and asked, "How can I help you, Miss Kim?" His voice was shaky, and it was clear that he was nervous.

"I'm here because you wanted to discuss my girlfriend's grades," Jennie said, looking straight at the dean. I could see the intensity in her eyes, and it made me feel a bit nervous.

"Ah, I see...Miss Kim, we can fix this immediately if you'd like," the dean said, his voice trailing off. I could sense that he was implying an illegal solution, and I didn't like where this was going.

"Do you see me as that kind of person?" Jennie asked, her voice dripping with authority. The dean flinched in his seat, and I couldn't help but smile a bit.

"Not at all, Miss Kim...I'm very sorry," the dean stammered, bowing his head. "Well, Miss Kim, we can let Lisa take some of the paperwork that they've done during the time that she's not here since she can be classified as an excuse," he added, pausing for a moment to wipe the sweat off his forehead. I noticed that his office was colder than the other rooms, and he was still sweating profusely. "That's applicable for students who are busy like her...I'll forward the paperwork to her email," he continued, and Jennie nodded in agreement before standing up.

"I'm gonna get going... Can I drop Lisa off in her class?" Her eyes darted between the dean and me, waiting for a response.

The dean hesitated for a moment, his eyes scanning the room before reaching for an excuse slip. "Yes, of course. Here you go," he said, handing the slip to Jennie, who took it.

As we walked out of the office, a wave of relief washed over me. "Ya Jennie Kim, you're making the dean so nervous," I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. She smile a bit, which is not so often.

"I won't be surprised if he'll do some illegal things to make a student pass just because of money," Jennie remarked, her tone laced with cynicism. I nodded, knowing that corruption was prevalent in the academic world.

"But it's funny that you actually didn't say a lot in there, and he just completely made the decision," I noted as we made our way to my first class.

Jennie gave me a knowing look. "Sometimes, it's better to let others do the talking for you," she replied, her voice soft but firm.

Before I could respond, we reached my classroom. As soon as the door opened, my math teacher greeted Jennie with a deep bow. Jennie simply nodded in return, her poise and confidence radiating from her.

"I ordered some food... It'll be here shortly," Jennie informed me, and I thanked her. The entire classroom was staring at us, and I could feel the weight of their curious gazes on me. Without hesitation, I leaned in to hug Jennie.

"They'll question it if I won't say goodbye to you like this," I added with a chuckle.

"You seem to want it more than them," Jennie whispered, her breath tickling my ear. Her words made me laugh, and I pulled back from the hug, looking into her eyes.

As I let go of her, I leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Her eyes widened in surprise, but luckily, my body blocked her blushing face from the rest of the class. "Bye," I said, watching as she quickly turned around to hide her embarrassment.

Entering the classroom, I spotted Jisoo and Bambam at the back, and they both greeted me with smiles. "If I didn't know any better," Jisoo said, a teasing tone in her voice, "I'd think you guys were actually in love." She whispered

Ten minutes had passed since our teacher began the lesson, but a sudden knock interrupted her mid-sentence. She excused herself and left the room briefly, returning moments later with a smile on her face.

"Okay, class," she announced. "Miss Kim has kindly ordered food for everyone" Her gaze shifted towards me, and she shook her head, a playful glint in her eyes. "Is this the perk of having her girlfriend in my class?" Her joke elicited laughter from the students, causing my face to flush with embarrassment.

The delivery guy started handing out the food, and when he reached me, he placed a different paper bag in front of me. "Miss Kim told us to make one special for you," he said before moving on to the next person. I heard Bambam choking on his food as soon as he took a bite, causing Jisoo to pat his back. "Thank you, Ms. Manoban," Bambam said between coughs, his eyes watering.

"Are you sure you guys aren't really dating DATING?" Bambam asked, his eyebrows raised in suspicion. His question made me roll my eyes, but I couldn't help the small smile that formed on my lips.

"Lisa, I swear," Jisoo said, turning her attention towards me. "You're probably hiding something from us." She glared at me playfully.