.12

"You're in a good mood today," Jennie commented as they waited for their order to arrive.

Chaeyoung blinked at the mirror she was holding as she checked on her makeup. That was when she realized what had been the cause for the comment to come out of her friend's mouth.

She realized that her eyes weren't as dark and dull like how they had been since the past weeks. She saw the smile that hung onto her face even when she wasn't smiling physically. She could see some brightness in the expression she was wearing at the moment. There was light in her face.

"I guess I am," she shrugged nonchalantly, trying to hide a smile that threatened to show up.

"What seems to be the reason?" Jennie asked curiously, slightly leaning forward. "Did something happen?"

Reason? She thought about it, trying to find it in her mind although it was unnecessary.

Perhaps, the reason why she seemed to be in a high spirit was because of that one kiss that she could still feel on her lips. That one rough kiss was probably what had started it all. Because after that night of when Jungkook had pulled her by the head and gave her a kiss that had sent her body into a wonderful kind of shiver, she had spent every night exchanging simple texts with him that would always end with them telling each other good night.

"Nothing, I guess," Chaeyoung muttered. "The whole process of my work is progressing rather smoothly. I guess that's the cause of it."

Jennie didn't seem convinced but she didn't press on it. "Good for you, then," she mumbled and looked away with a very noticeable sadness in her eyes.

Observing Jennie for a couple minutes, Chaeyoung searched for her friend's eyes as she tilted her head slightly to get a better look of Jennie's small face. "Jennie? Are you okay?" she asked worriedly. Jennie had always had that look like nothing would ever bother her. Sometimes she looked like she worried at nothing at all and sometimes it would seem like she was annoyed at everything and everyone.

But knowing her for a very long time, even before knowing Taehyung, Chaeyoung could see past through it. She could see that there was something wrong with her friend, and that her mind was full of thoughts that she feared to happen.

"Jennie," she called softly, holding her hand on the table. "Something's definitely wrong but I don't know what it is so spit it out now."

Her friend shook her head lightly, tried to smile but the fakeness of it was so obvious.

"I said tell me about it," Chaeyoung pressed.

Finally lifting her eyes to gaze at Chaeyoung, Jennie took the longest seconds to breathe in before she exhaled heavily. "I think..." she swallowed hard. "I think Namjoon's going to break up with me."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened in obvious shock. "What?" The word dropped heavily. "Why do you think so?"

Jennie shrugged, trying to play it cool but her voice wavered slightly when she replied. "I can feel it in my gut. He's been avoiding me so much that it becomes so fucking obvious."

"What do you mean he's been avoiding you? You see each other every single day. You guys are together for almost 24 hours, so inseparable that it almost threw me up every time I see you two."

Jennie chuckled softly but the soft smile on her face mirrored sadness. "True, but I feel the distance these days, Chaeyoung. He used to give me all his attention before I even started talking, but now I have to work for it and even that, I have to ask him a few times if he was even listening to me because he just couldn't fucking focus. He got his focus on his phone almost all the damn time."