Chapter 6

The day before the party (Friday)

Kyle's POV

The week has flown by since meeting Haley on Monday. She is slowly becoming more comfortable with us and has been eating lunch with us every day on top of the school. Even Blayne seems to be a little less annoyed with her since the incident between her and Brittany happened.

"Hey!" I yell out to Haley as she walks to her car after school.

"Oh, Hi Kyle." She says quietly.

"So, we will pick you up tomorrow for the party around six. What's your address?"

"Oh...umm... Can I meet y'all at one of your houses instead?" She nervously asked.

"Sure." I say as I hand her my phone and tell her to put her contact information in it. "I'll text you the address and will see you tomorrow"

"Okay, Thanks Kyle."

I watch as she pulls out of the school parking lot, but curiosity gets the best of me and I decided to follow her. Any time one of the guys or I bring up meeting at her place, she seems to get nervous. I hop on my bike and let the engine roar for a minute before following her without her knowing. She pulls into a cheap motel and then enters a room. Why is she at this crappy motel? Everyone in town knows this motel is only good for two things. Sex and drugs. There's a diner across the street that faces her motel room's door, so I decided to go and wait in there to see if she's leaves the motel. I order a shake and some fries and just keep my eyes glued to the door she entered. After a little while I decided to text to just to see if she would respond.

Kyle: Hey! =)

Haley: Hi.

Kyle: What are you up too?

Haley: Just watching some tv.

Kyle: Cool. The party is at 7pm tomorrow. You can meet us at 5:30 at our place.

Haley: Okay, but do I really have to go the party?

Kyle: We could come and hangout at your place instead...

Haley: I will meet at your place at 5:30 =/

Kyle: Come on sweetheart. You should be smiling. It's a party.

Haley: Fine... =)

Kyle: Much better! See you tomorrow.

After I get finish texting her, I decided to head back to the house since she never came back out of the hotel. I have so many questions about why she is at the hotel. It's not a safe place. Does she know that? Do her parents know where she is? After thinking about it for a while I figure it's probably best if I don't mention this to the guys yet. Knowing them, Blayne or Dylan would confront her about it, and I was pretty much being a stalker at the moment. Once I get back to my place, I park my bike in the huge garage we have and head into the house.

"Where have you been?" Blayne asks.

"I went out for a joy ride" I lied.

"Yeah right." Blayne scoffs, but thankfully doesn't press for any other information.

"Oh! Haley is going to meet us here tomorrow" I tell him.

"Fan-fucking-tastic." He growls.

"Dude! What's your problem with her?"

"Have you seen the way she talks to me? She needs to learn her place. Plus, she can never understand the shit we've been through"

"Come on Blayne. Get over your ego for once. She isn't that bad. Who knows... you might actually like her if you give her a chance." And with that, Blayne walks up stairs and slams his bedroom door.

Haley's POV

My phone buzzes again and I think it's Kyle, but to my surprise it's Jace. Jace is the only person in this world that I trust. He helped me out when I was in a really bad place a couple years ago. He taught me how to fight and got me into illegal street fighting. That's how I make my money. I'm actually really good at it and can take down guys twice my size. There's something about it that makes me feel alive when I am fighting. I know it's not a girly sport, but I am not your normal girl anymore. I've gone through too much shit to be normal. Jace is the only one who knows that I can fight. He told me that I shouldn't let people outside of the street fighting know that I can fight. That it would draw to much attention to me and knows I don't want the attention. He knows I'm hiding from something, but I have never told him from what. That's another reason why I really don't want to go to this party. I don't want to get lost in the moment and accidently slip up and say something about my past.

Jace: Hey.

Haley: Hey! Did you find a place for me to fight at yet?

Jace: I think I found a couple underground fighting rings near you.

Haley: Really?!

Jace: Yes, but there aren't many girls in that area that fight. You would be going up against guys. Are you okay with that?

Haley: Yeah. Of course. When is the first fight?

Jace: There is one tomorrow. I can see if I can get you entered into it.

Haley: Fuck... I can't tomorrow. I have plans that I can't get out of.

Jace: Okay. Next weekend then. That way I can go with you to your first fight anyways.

Haley: Thanks, Jace!

I really wish I could fight tomorrow instead of going to that stupid party with the guys.

This week has definitely been interesting ... I'm starting to feel comfortable being around some of the guys. Some is the key word... Kyle and Alex are really nice. They try talking to me and they want to know about me, but I just can't tell them about myself. They wouldn't understand, and it would make them want nothing to do with me. Jared rarely says anything to me, much less anyone else, but he seems okay though. On the other hand, I still don't care much for Dylan and Blayne. Dylan is still flirting with me and making perverted remarks, but at least he isn't trying to touch me.... And then there's Blayne... He still glares daggers at me, but he hasn't really said much more to me. I think we have both realize that we are stuck with each other until the end of the school year, and there is nothing that either one of us can do about it.

Now I need to find an outfit for tomorrow. I start searching through my suitcases that are in my motel room and find a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue backless crisscross top. It's not something that I would normally wear to school, but if I am going to a party, I want to at least look nice. For shoes I am going to wear my black vans. To top off my look I will wear my leather wristbands which will also help to hide the cuts I made on my lower arms. After getting my stuff ready, for tomorrow. I decided to go to sleep early.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day and I am not looking forward to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This chapter isn't great. I struggled with writing it, but hopefully the next chapter will be better. I know where I am going with this story, but I just have to get there.

Please don't for get to comment and vote!