Chapter 16

Jace's POV

"Guys help!" We hear Jared scream from upstairs. All five of us run upstairs. I don't know what we were expecting to see. Maybe we were afraid that Ryan was up there. I barge into Jared's room and see Kadance passed out on his bed.

"What the fuck happened to her?" I scream.

"I don't know. She was scratching at her scars and I started asking her about it. She started to say she didn't know why, but then asked me for the date. She freaked out once I told her the date. I swear man I didn't do anything to her." Jared looks scared.

"Fuck." I should have known better. Again, I failed to protect her.

"What's going on?" Blayne questions while glaring daggers at me and Jared.

"Honestly, I don't know. Since I've known her, she has always acted strange around this time of year. I've asked her about it several times, but she just shuts me down."

"She's okay." Kyle says while checking her pulse. "It seems that she had a panic attack plus the exhaustion made her pass out. She'll be fine, but until we know what else is bothering her, we should probably watch her around the clock. Her arms have several scars on them from cutting, but she also has a lot of new cuts too. Something is bothering her, and I don't want her to harm herself any more than she already has"

Blayne's POV

"I'll sit with her first." I tell the guys as I pick her up from Jared's bed and take her to the guest room. Why was she even in Jared's room? They never talk.

I lay her on the bed in the guest room and sit down beside her. "Princess, why are you doing this to yourself?" I know she can't hear me, but I keep talking none the less.

"Princess, you are really scaring us. I'm not going to let you leave here in a week. We can help you. Please let us help you. Please let me help you. I don't think I have ever felt the way I do for you towards anyone else." This girl has me scared. I don't care for besides the guys, but I find myself caring for her. What are you doing to me Kadance?

Jace's POV

Blayne watched over Kadance last night. Since I have to leave tomorrow to go my brother's gym, I decided I would watch over Haley this morning. One of the worse feelings in the world in see another guy laying in bed with the girl I love. Yes, I love Kadance. She's still out, so I know nothing went on with them. He was just watching over her, but I can't help but feel angry that he's even next to her.

"Blayne" I nudge him.

"Huh?" He grumbles in his half sleep state.

"Hey, I'm going to take over for now."

"Are you sure? I can stay."

"No, Blayne. I got it. I have to leave tomorrow anyways. Go take a break."

"I'll be back princess." He whispers to her and then he leaves the room. I really hate him calling her that.

"Hey Kadance. I really hope you will wake up before I have to leave tomorrow, but I know you are exhausted and need the rest." I take the time to look at her arms and feel pain in my chest. How can someone have hurt her so badly that she feels the need to hurt herself now? If I ever meet her ex, I will kill him.

"Baby girl, I promise I will never let him hurt you again. I love you." I whisper in her ear knowing she won't know I told her later on. I'm so fucking stupid. I should have told her how I felt about her when she was staying with me last week. I will tell her soon. I have to.

Kyle's POV

I go to relieve Jace and take my turn watching Kadance. Jace has fallen asleep on the small sofa that is in Kadance's guest room. I wake him up and he lets me know that he's going to go back to his place so he can pack his stuff for his trip. He said he would be staying the night at our place tonight, but if she wakes up before he gets back to call him immediately. I know all the guys are worried about her, but she is just really exhausted and needs rest. My mom was a doctor, but she passed away when I was eight. I've always wanted to follow in her footsteps, so I have been taking some early college courses. We've gone over what extreme fatigue can do to a person. Kadance hasn't had a decent night of sleep in weeks and to add on top of that she's was training like crazy for her fight while she was with Jace. No wonder she passed out. I check her blood pressure, heart rate, temperature and breathing to make sure she's fine. When I am satisfied that she he is fine, I watch TV until it's Alex's turn to sit with her.

Jared's POV

No surprise that when I enter Kadance's room for my turn to watch her Alex is playing games on his lap top. "Hey, you're free to go."

"Thanks. She's looking better. She's not so pale anymore." Alex tells me as he walks out the door.

I sit on the floor with my back against the bed. I feel awful for her. I want to hold her to and let her know it's all going to be okay. She makes me want to tell her things that I haven't told anyone else. Not even the guys. "Kadance..." I whisper to her. "You make me want to tell you my secrets. I know what you're going through. I know what it's like to be afraid of someone. I want to help you and maybe you can help. Maybe we can fix each other." I grab her hand and kiss the back of it. "Kadance only because I know I will never be able to tell you this while you're awake, I want to tell you now. Kadance, I really like you, more than just friends. You make feel alive again. You give me hope. You're so broken but so strong. You're beautiful from the inside out. You make all the bad things that have happen to me seem not as bad. I know you have you own demons to face but, I feel like I can face mine when you are near." Kissing her head, "Thank you." I walk out of the room and Dylan takes his turn watching over her.

Kadance's POV

Blinking my eyes open several times, I try to adjust my sight to the darkness. Thinking back to what happen, I must have passed out. I'm surprised that this is the first time in a long time that I have had any nightmares. No nightmares. Although, I did have some strange dreams. I dreamed that Blayne, Jace and Jared all had feelings for me. Yeah right. Ryan is right. No one could ever love someone like me. I have too much trouble. I put everyone I love in danger. Then there's the scars Ryan gave me and the ones I've cause myself. I'm ugly from the inside out. My body is messed up and so is my mind. Snap out of it, Haley... Kadance. Wow it's been a long time since I've even referred to myself as Kadance. I decided to get out of bed, but I realized there is an arm wrapped around my waist.

I look over to see whose arm it is and completely freak out to see Dylan laying there. In nothing but his boxer. "What the Fuck Dylan?" I scream at the top of my lungs.

"Baby, don't scream my name unless you're ready for round two." He says with a sly grin.

"Did you fucking do something to me?" I asked as I slapped him as hard as I could.

"Ouch! Woman! I was just joking!" He yelps as he is now holding his red cheek.

"What the fuck is..." Blayne yells running into the room after hearing me scream. "Dylan why the fuck are you in your boxer in the same bed as Kadance?" He growls. Blayne looks like he is about to beat Dylan.

Holding his hands up surrendering, "I always sleep in just my boxer. She should feel honored to wake up next to a Greek god like myself." He chuckles to himself.

"Dylan..." He turns towards me after I call his name only to find my fist meeting his face.

"Fuck. Woman. I was kidding." He yelps while falling out of the bed.

"You saw here take down Gonzales the other night in the cage. Why would you mess with her?" Jace says laughing his ass off and then everyone starts laughing, myself included. Dylan runs out of the room like a dog with his tail between his leg.

"Everyone out! I need to take a shower." I say as the laughter dies down in the room.